1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wired controller use wired for back-up

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by beungood, Jan 24, 2006.

1. beungood

beungood Member

I am buying a ht29 8' with a wireless remote. for $100 extra I can have the wired remote along with the wireless. Is it possible to use the wired unit as a back up or spare if the remote goes down or should I save myself the money?

2. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

No, you can't use both. The control box is for one or the other. To switch control type you need to change the box.

3. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA

You would have to loosen four 3/8" bolts on the cover, remove on 1/4" bolt from the "brain", unplug the wireless controller, then remove the brain, then back together in reverse order to get going again. It should take you 10-15 min. tops, run the wire under the hood (being carefully of hot or moving objects) and in through the door.
    For my money, the peace of mind, (and improved resale interest) the $100.00 sounds like a good deal. If you have ever had to drive home with your plow down angled the wrong way, do to a malfunction, the $100.00 would sound quite cheap.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If the 100 bucks is for the complete wired control unit, it's cheap. if it's just for the in cab control, it's a good price but useless. You need a different receiver in the pump housing, all the wiring and plugs. If it does include everything you could pre-run the wiring so it was there if you needed it. But as Tessdad said you will need a 1/2 inch wrench to remove the dog house, and change the ground. Then a pair of 7/16 wrenches to remove the receiver, plus a couple of wire ties to keep it neat and out of harms way.

5. beungood

beungood Member

includes all items needed

Yes, the $100.00 dollars covered everything needed to run wired or wireless. He gave me the harnesses needed to run both. It seemed like a good deal and I will probably pre run the wiring just in case. Hope this set-up works good for me. As I paid for it a short time later I saw a deal on a 8 foot v plow used 3 times on ebay. Bid was $800. at this time. Dont know what the reserve is.

Jack

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The Killer on ebay plows is the freight. That was a great deal if you got recevier, transmitter ,and all the wiring for a buck.

7. beungood

beungood Member

good deal

Yes, the seller was easy to work with and after a time said he would split the shipping with me to get it out to me. For 1900.00 hes shipping the HT 9 footer,subframe mount, EIS lights and mount and wiring ,wireless remote and controller and the wired remote, plus harness and controller and handeset. Seemed really good. Don't think I could get that V shipped and bought for that price. I think it's an 02 or 03 model. Hope it plows good we have a storm coming in next week from what I hear..

JAck

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Incredible price, purplebou It's sort of a mix and match unit, EIS was not available on the HT series. That's your bonus on top of what was already a great deal. You say it's a HT29 8' in first post and a HT 9" in your last post which is it? What truck are you installing it on? Just curious.
    Let us know how it works out.

9. beungood

beungood Member

I meant 8 foot.