1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wire Routing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fordmstng66, Oct 17, 2008.

1. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I have a 2007 NBS Silverado 2500HD, and i am finally getting to wiring up my Plow (Western). Are there any pre-drilled holes that are capped off with plugs that i can use to run the wires through the firewall, or do i have to drill a hole myself? Any help would be appreciated. It is a standard cab W/T 8 foot bed.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Should have a large rubber plug in the firewall right between the master cylinder/booster assembly and the dr side inner fender well.

3. fordmstng66

thank you, i will look for it, i finally ordered the last of the truck side wiring.

4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

What is a N B S Silverado.. ? ? ? ?

5. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

New Body Style

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes keep your eye out for it, but be forewarned not all trucks have it. :realmad:

7. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

If your truck has the plow prep package (VYU) then you have the pre-drilled hole. It's got a rubber 'nipple' that sticks towards the engine that you're supposed to cut to make room for the wiring. If you don't have the plow prep package, then you don't have the hole...

Dang Blizzard installers made their own even though mine had the hole. They didn't use the forward headlamp harnesses either, or the SEO plug...

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Have seen non plow prep equipped trucks with the hole as well. :nod:

9. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

I was guessing that some of them did, but I'm not sure which other RPOs have that. I already had a wire going through mine and haven't pinned down what it's for yet...

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So far it just seems to be the luck of the draw as to which do and which do not. :realmad:

11. fordmstng66

i do have the snow plow prep package, so far all i have seen to the right of the master cylinder and inner fender is on area, that has what looks like the wires going from the engine into the cab for the fuse panel. I will look closer. My truck does also have the Plow prep package. I will look more tonight, thanks for the help.