1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wire routing on magnetic lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by turfguy87, Oct 19, 2009.

1. turfguy87

turfguy87 Member
    from OHIO

Hey guys, I am new to the plowing scene. I just got a magnetic light that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I was wondering how you guys route your cords. Do you open the window just enough so that the cord fits through or do you close the door on your cords?
    It seems like a hassle to keep unplugging the cord from the socket in order to open the door (even if it is the passenger side)

Thank you.
  2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

slam it in the door.......or wire it to a connector coming out of the 3rd brake light...

like a weatherpack connection pigtail on your truck to plug into......i make them all the time for mini bars.
  3. revtoyota

revtoyota Member

yeah if you dont want the light up all the time your best bet is to just put the wire in the door and just close it. just find a spot that you or anyone else cant get cought on it.
  4. DHDB

DHDB Member

Route the cord in thru the door, behind the seat, then under the seat and mats right up to your outlet. If the cord is too short, buy a 6' extension to lengthen it. Temporary fix, but at least you won't get hung up on the wire everytime someone gets in.
  5. Bowtytek

Bowtytek Member
    from Maine

i used to route it through the rear slider. as far as extension cables go, watch the amp draw of your light compared to amp of cord. i burned up a couple cords that way. i used a twin revolver with 55w bulbs.