1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wire locations Chevrolet 1500 NBS

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 07chevy, Mar 22, 2011.

1. 07chevy

07chevy Junior Member

Guys. I installed my plow but I have the LTZ edition Chevrolet 1500 and don't have s;lots in the bumper to run the two plugs that connect to the Fisher Plow. I was looking for advice on where to run them so I may be able to avoid cutting the grille. The wires will not snake through the honey comb grille of the chevroilet. Any suggestions I would appreciate it.

2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

A quick and easy fix would be to unsnap the grill, run the wires under it in that little crack between the grill and bumper cover, then snap the grill back in.

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

4. 07chevy

07chevy Junior Member

Yeah I have the painted front bumper to match my truck color, so when the wires go under the crack between the grille and bumper I would have to believe that they would rub against the paint and cause wear.

I do like the photo of the avalanche with the wires coming out of the top of the plate, however the trucks dont have the cover over the top of the plate. the plate sticks out from the front bumper on the trucks. I am debating on cutting a circle behind the plate and running the wires through the back of the plate. I may get some spacersm for screws at the hardware store and have the plate sit off the black mounting bracket so I can run wires behing it. OR leave front plate off for winter.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

how much room do you have between the top of the push plate and bottom of the bumper? You could run the two plugs above the push plate on the drivers side and the power plug above the passenger side push plate.

6. 07chevy

07chevy Junior Member

I originally had them run that way but there's not enough slack to connect the wires from the plow. Thats ghow I have them run right now. I strapped the wires to the push plates until I can figure where to run them. I can't leave them straped to the top of the push plates though because if I go to use the plow there isnt enough slack. I have to untie them and connect the plow. It is a good idea in theory though. Ive tried it.

this sucks! I am trying to avoid cutting more of the truck at all costs. Chevrolet needs to get on board like Ford and design the bumper to accept aftermarket parts.

7. wng-2

wng-2 Member

That is what I did with my booster cables on my 02 2500HD.

[​IMG]

8. 07chevy

07chevy Junior Member

You guys are the best. I appreciate all the ideas. I may end up running them between the grille and bumper, it's just that it is a white painted bumper with no plastic cap or protector on top so the wires would be against the paint between the bumper and grille. I wonder how badly they would chaffe the paint if at all.

Then again I wonder if I got the thin clear plastic protector and applied it to the bumper paint then I could have the wires sit against that.