1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wire issues,95 tahoe

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Redworm, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Redworm

Redworm Junior Member
    from Ma

i took the cheap way out and wired a harness with pieces from another,fisher 2 plug w/95 chevy tahoe,my 2 problems are, when i use the joystick the plow works but the solenoid goes crazy,ive check grounds? second issue is lights,my plowside lights dont engage on,nothing on plowside works..but when i put my left turn signal on my headlights wig wag from the truck to the plowlights(prettycool) but not my intention,my relays looked to be wired right,what wire did i mess up?any help would be appreciated.

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you've got the parking light wire (brown) from the plow harness spliced into the left directional wire on the truck, instead of into the truck's parking lights. That wire triggers the relays which switch the lights from truck to plow.

As far as the first issue.. define "the solenoid goes crazy"

3. Redworm

Redworm Junior Member
    from Ma

soleniod buzz's anytime i operate the joystick,thanks for the response