1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wire help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rfed32, Jan 23, 2007.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

ok so the wires i got with my plow are the worng ones....so i am going to buy new ones....im going to buy them all so heres a question...can you buy the wire harness for the unimount with the wires for the handheld already done to the point where all i have to do is plug and go??
  2. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

I don't know about purchasing the wires already done but all it takes to make a joystick harness work is to cut one wire that goes to the solenoid, go at least 12 inches from the handheld and make a splice and run that to the battery. I learned the hard way and ended up blowing my circuit board and that cost me 110.00. I screwed up by not reading the install instructions COMPLETLY!! The mods that you have to do are quite simple and all can be found on western's website.