1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wire Harness ?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by NBI Lawn, Dec 15, 2007.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I may be picking up a plow off of a 93' GMC. Would the harness from that truck go onto my 06' CTD? I know I would need the headlight adapters but other than that would it work? Should be the same, right?
    Just want to be sure before I would go pick it up.

2. whitehat55

whitehat55 Junior Member
    from MA

yes, she'll definitly work. I did the same on my chevy. The only thing vehicle specific are the headlight adapters like you mentioned, which i think cost me $65. Just make sure you have the harness flipped the right way if you don't have dual batteries. If you want I can tell you which color wires strip into what parking light and such. If I remember there were two that needed to be spliced in. I think it was the orange and brown off the under-hood harness. It's a really easy install to be honest. Has the capability to be very clean looking as well if you come through with your end of the install.

3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I helped with the install on two 9' scoops and they looked better than they would have if a shop did it. Took the extra couple minutes to do things right.

What battery do does the harness draw from on a Dodge? Drivers side I would assume.

Thanks

4. whitehat55

whitehat55 Junior Member
    from MA

That's the same reason I did the install on my own truck. I would like to assume the drivers side, but if you had to, like I said, you can flip the harness over and draw off the other battery. By flip the harness over, I mean the solenoid and relay block location would be reversed, and you would be drawing off the passenger battery which is fine if you have a good alternator and batteries.

5. whitehat55

whitehat55 Junior Member
    from MA

I forgot to add, the reason for doing that mainly is do get underhood components to mount where you want them to and not where they have to. It gives you one more option. Also means you can have the controller plug come in one side of the firewall or the other while not using all the wire loom to get there.