1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wire Harness Plug Issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Neli, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Neli

Neli Junior Member

I have a like new 2006 9.2 V, and the guy that had the truck, had the plug neatly mounted in place of the took hook of a 2500hd Chev, There's a small bracket that holds the truck end of the harness (molded plug has a rubber sholder that prevents the plug from pushing back into the truck as you plug in harness from plow - it has failed) the sholder portion of the plug ( no longer holds it into the bracket) , and now I'm left to plug together, and duct tape.

Anyone know how hard it is to replace the plug or harness on the plow side?

Anyone on this site work for Boss? I have a great solution to the plug problem..

Thanks for any help.... Let It SNOW !!!

Neli

2006 CHEV 2500HD 8.1 Boss 9.2 V Plow
    2004 CASE 85XT Virnig Straight 10' Blade

2. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Replacing the plow side harness is actually quite simple. I just did mine on an 07 Vxt. Can be done in less than an hour. They make plowside end replacements but to me, replacing the whole harness was just as easy. There is a cost difference however. After you take the pump cover off, the pump housing has the wiring diagram right on it, all male/female connectors no soldering etc. Hardest part is taking the light assemblies apart. If you get stuck, call the tech/support line and they walk you through any trouble spot. Good Luck!