1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wire diagram delema

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by east end turf, Dec 17, 2007.

1. i have a ultra mount on a 05 3500 chevy and i have no lo beam on left light i printed out every diagram i could find and none of them match what i have i have ni idea what they mean by 3 pin 7 pin 12 pin ?? everything else works normal excpt the low beam on the left side tryied to trace out but dont want to cut the coverig if i dont have to ! thanks
  2. ght1098

ght1098 Member

The number of pins refers to the connector on the front of your truck. If you have one headlight and not the other, you should be pinned properly. You didn't mention if the bulb is good or not. New plow on a new truck?...
  3. boulb is good bought a 9 foot pro plow had it put on my 98 3500 works fine when i switched blades with my 05 3500 witch had a 8 foot pro plow 2 yrs old left low beam doesent work now on 05 with new plow problem is in truck . cant find proper diagram and dont want to tear into harnes .
  4. santelikk

santelikk Member

Are you using the iso-mod system or the old style? On the 03 and newer vehicles the ground and hot are reversed on the lights.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is the left low beam out on the truck...or the plow? Or both?
  6. light out on plow only and truck o5 has iso mod not shure about 98 dealer told me any 3 wire system will work on any truck with 3 wire setup ultra mount\
    all lishts work like there susposto excpt the left lo beam but it works fine on 98 gonna try original plow on truck tonight!
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like it's something on the truck side for sure then.... you can check to see if the Iso mod is putting 12V out to the low beam left plow light by checking the orange wire in the #3 port on the Iso... This is the supply power out to the grill connector for the left side low plow light..

Be sure to also check the pins in the drill connector plug... might just be a poor connection at the plug ins...