1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wire connectors?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by herb1001, Oct 1, 2011.

1. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

Hey Guys
    Everytime I hook up and unhook my plow mount I always feel like I am going to break the wire ends off. Does anyone use different connectors for their pump?

I below is an image of what mine look like.

meyer pump wire ends.jpg

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Do you use dielectric grease? I don't have any trouble with the wires on my E47 except the larger power wires when it is cold.

3. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

Yes I use d-grease but I still feel like the connectors are going to pull right off the wire.

4. kimber750

Never had any break at the connector end. Have had a few break off the coil. Local hardware store should have bullet connectors to replace the ends if you want.

5. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

I am looking to replace the bullet connectors with something else.

6. second income

second income Member

Flat 4 trailer plugs work good

7. kimber750

8. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

Now thats what I was looking for.

9. kimber750

Another suggestion, I would get 2 of each male and female. Silicon the wire end of one male and female closed to be used as caps when the plow is not on the truck.

10. SServices

SServices Senior Member

I use the same thing. Works good.

11. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Are your connectors really tight such that it is hard getting them apart, thus you feel like you will break them? If so, loosen up the female side a little with a screwdriver or something, so they hold themselves together but will come apart. Then dielectric grease and put them together. I hadn't broken mine in several years, but they aren't stubborn to come apart either.

12. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

Picked up the weatherpak connectors today, should be installing them tomorrow.