1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wire colors

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nicks_xj, Dec 26, 2010.

1. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

i just recently got a free hand held controller and need some help with what color does what on the harness

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here you go...

Untitled1 (Medium).png

Untitled11.png

3. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

thanks B&B im gonna hopefuly get this to work with my meyers slik stik harness

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Hate to ruin your parade but it won't work with a Meyer pump, the command functions are different.

5. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

its a S.A.M hand held controller and the guy said the addapter is for a western but i dont know if its a western or a meyers touch pad because they look like there the same shape

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Post a pic of it.

7. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

pic of the adapter and wires the pic of the contriller wont upload

nick 041.jpg

nick 043.jpg

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Resize and/or rename it. Need to see the controller style.

9. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

ok figured it out

001.jpg

10. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

got it to go up and down but can figure out how to make it go right

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's a Meyer designated controller so it will work. The lift/lower is easy, and left angle requires nothing more than motor relay activations which you already have so that should be covered already as well.

Now using a test light find the wire other than the motor relay activation wire that's hot with the right button pressed and connect it to the green wire on your existing harness. Should all work then.