1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Team_Arctic, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

i plow alot of commercial accounts with big lots that the snow tends to blow into the glass on the windows.. i cannot find a wiper that will work for more then a snowstorm before it is destroyed and it normally stops working half way though leaveing big streaks . im always getting out of the truck to try to keep them clean. any ideas?
  2. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

Icing-up being the problem?
  3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

RAIN-X Latitude...Have been working for me....
  4. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I'm assuming u already have a snow deflector right? I just put on a pair of TRICO winter blades, they seem to be working fine.
  5. Hunter9

Hunter9 Member

Trice (cant remember the specific one) or Anco Contours, both are far superior to almost any other blades on the market. I think the Rain-x latitude is similar.

From there visit a HD truck location and ask for heated wiper blades.....yes they make them and yes they work pretty well. Look similar to those blades above, but with a heating element. Think snomobile heated grips, similar concept.
  6. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

I use Bosch blades, they work great through the whole season and most of the rest of the year.
  7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Turn the defroster off. I always plow with the window open a little and the heater on the floor (not on Sahara hot either). Keep the windsheild cold and the snow blows right over.
  8. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

what happens is the snow builds up and then freezez to the blades the wont stay clean. i thought about getting a cowel for the wipers.. do those work or would it just fill with snow
  9. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

does this really work?? no ice build up or anything??
  10. double cut

double cut Junior Member
    from 44122

11. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

I know it works when driving down the highway.