1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiper switch 94

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Detroitdan, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

my new-to-me 94 Suburban wipers only work on the highest setting. The stalk with the controls on it feels loose and sloppy, but jiggling it around makes no difference. Just thought somebody here could save me some time and point me in the right direction so I buy the right part. Don't know if I need a wiper switch, or the control stalk, presumably it's not the wiper motor because the high speed works.
    Thanks

2. elecblu

elecblu Member

That generation of chevy trucks was notable for having a problem. Under the hood, on the motor, there is a black plastic cap held on with 3 (I think) screws. Remove that cover to expose the "pulse board". An easy part to change that should run about $30 at NAPA. That is where I would start. Good Luck!

3. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Indicates the wiper switch in the steering colum is bad.

4. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I just replaced that on my 98 chevy it cost me $22 and haven't had any problems with my wipers since.
    it is 3 star screws and only takes around 5 mins to change.

5. Detroitdan

turned them off last night but didnt shut them all the way off I guess. Upon starting this morning, they came on in intermittent mode. Shut them off and they didnt work again. Back to only having high speed.

6. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Sure sounds like the pulse module board is bad to me.

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

My 99' did the same thing this year, all the delays slowly went away and finally only hi worked then it got to the point you had to pop the hood and hit the wiper motor. I just replaced the whole wiper motor,

8. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

So are you going to leave us hanging here?

Tell us what fixed your problem.

9. Detroitdan

Sorry for leaving you hanging. I replaced the wiper pulse module last night and that fixed it. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience with me, saved me a lot of time and money throwing parts at it or having to go to a garage to get it diagnosed. $28.99 at Advance Auto Parts.