1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiper pump

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jt5019, Nov 9, 2003.

1. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

On my 1990 ford f250..... I noticed my wiper spray wasn't working anymore so i went out got some fluid(thinking i was all out) When i went to fill it i noticed it was half full.My wipers work fine, is there a separate pump for the fluid that may have went out?My brother said he thinks there may be a fluid pump inside the reservoir that probably stopped working . I checked with the auto parts store online and couldn't find anything on it. Any help would be great .:help:

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

washer pump is in the bottle

when holding the washer switch

see if you can hear the pump running
    if not youll need a test light to check for power+12v

and ground-12v

john

3. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Maybe the sprayers are plugged?? I had to run a wire in the spray nozzels on a truck a while back.

I have also used an electric pump setup that is added inline with the existing washer setup. It just pulls fluid thru the failed factory pump. Seems to me that setup was under $30.00.

Anyhow, good luck
    Mark K

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Nope i cant hear anything running.The other day it worked sometimes... now i think its totally dead.