1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiper pulse board location

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by amsuco, Jun 19, 2002.

1. amsuco

amsuco Junior Member

The mechanic at the dealership says that my '85 C-10, with intermittent wipers, needs a new pulse board. Is the board in the motor assembly or under the dash? Before I spend the big bucks on a new board, I want to look for a broken connection.

2. TFL

TFL Junior Member

It is in a cse with the wiper moter on most. Usually on the engine side of th Fire wall

3. PackRat

PackRat Member
    from Kansas

Pulse boards are pretty cheap. I think I gave $12 for mine. Saves a lot of hunting and headaches.

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

A pulse 'board'?

80's GM trucks had a silver coloured module under the steering column (has cooling fins on it) that controls the delay. It plugs in between the connector halves. If it was removed and the connector halves joined directly you'd have regular wipers. I just did that job on my '82 with '87 parts.

I also priced a new module b/c mine is acting all weird. They told me that there aren't many left in the system... price was a little over $50 Cdn.

5. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Part should look like the attached picture and should be located above the steering column. Delco part # 15598496

15598496.jpg

6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Thats the animal!

:nod:

7. PackRat

PackRat Member
    from Kansas

I stand corrected. I read 85, and was thinking 88-up, where the pulse 'board' is actually a circuit board, under the wiper motor cover.

Sorry for the mis-information. My bad.