1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiper Motor

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PDQ Pete, Jul 17, 2003.

1. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

Hi all, I have a 95 chevy pick-up received a card from the dealer I bought the truck from to change the wiper motor free of charge.
    I never had a problem with the wiper motor would you take it in or just forget it? Have not been to the dealer since I bought it new. Pete:drinkup:
  2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Thats funny, I just put a new wiper motor in my truck a few months ago, I had lost high speed on the original. What does it say the reason is for changing out the wiper motor? Does it say the original may be faulty and may cause a fire?? Is it a recall notice? Me personally, I wouldnt go, but I can also do my own repairs, but if its a recall notice about a possible fire or something to that nature, maybe you are better off going "just in case". I remember my father got a recall in the mail on his 1992 Lincoln Town Car after owning the car for several years saying to bring it back in, something under the hood or under the dash can short out and cause a fire. I dont remember exactly what it was talking about, was a long time ago, but he never took it back in. He did get a 2nd notice though after a long while, but still never took it back in, instead he traded it in on a brand new 2000 Town Car. :D Mike :drinkup:
  3. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

I changed mine about 2 yrs ago on my 93 because it went off the wall and worked whenever it wanted I would take the freebie if i were you and let them do it
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

I'd take it in,it is most likely a recall notice,and could be safety related.TSB 98043 was for windshield wiper motor failure on the 95'2,so it's most likely that one.Is the recall or TSB number listed on the card ??

Mike - the recall for most of the Fords were for ignition switches.The would overheat and catch fire.
  5. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

The card says urgent recall:eek: :rolleyes: campaign # can't tell the forth # is 2 or a 3 #02023 has a second # of S1114129 I'll call today and see what they say. Pete:drinkup:
  6. colorado 54

colorado 54 Junior Member

My wife had an '89 cougar and received a recall for the ignition switch. Not wanting to take the time involved with going to a dealer, I looked beneath the steering column at the switch closely. Sure enough, it was beginning to come apart. I replaced it with a new one from the parts house. Six years later, my son [who now owns the car] called to say when he turned the key on, some pieces fell onto the floorboard, and that nothing electrical would work anymore-i.e. electric windows. He had to replace the switch again. Just last week a friend from dallas said his stop lights and blinkers would not work on his '91 cougar. Upon inspection he found the ignition switch coming apart. If it is a factory recall, there probably is a good reason.
  7. wyldman

wyldman Member

Stay away from aftermarket ign switches.They are cheap,and unreliable.A lot of them are poor right out of the box.The OEM switches are of much better quality.

The recall affected mostly all of Ford's product lines,in some way or another.The switches would come apart,and would start to arc,creating heat,and possible fire.
  8. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Take it in. Couldn't hurt to get it changed. The wiper motor is those years of trucks did have problems. If it is a recall notice, GM thinks that it could happen to your truck. Better to know you have one that will work properly, rather than find out you should have gone in in the middle of a blizzard on Sunday when the wipers go out:eek: