1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiper De Icer?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mark13, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've heard of heated wipers, but has anyone thought about a heated spot on the windshield where the wipers go? I was looking at a friends Subaru and noticed they had it and thought it was a neat idea. Not sure if it would keep wipers from freezing up but it might.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

frost fighter has something like that mark,,,,not reallt sure how good it works....always wanted to do something about that icy cowl thing too

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've taken a hammer before to break the ice (couple inches thick) so that I can get it off the cowl so my wipers return all the way down.

4. dieselss

lol,,,i have broken parts of my cowl before....on the ford right now,,the plastic right under the drivers wiper arm broke....and for the first time ever,,,this year my pass side wiper arm popped off due to the build up under it.

5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

That definably great idea. I wonder how hard to made one yourself.

6. dieselss