1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiper blades

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by All Season Lawn, Oct 22, 2007.

1. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

what are the best wiper blades for winter plowing during storms always seem to have build up on reg. blades, the ones that are supposed to not let ice stick seem to ripe and build ice up inside often whats your opinion?

2. 3PLLC

3PLLC Junior Member

I Don't Beleive There Is A Quick Fix Or A Better Blade. I Just Keep Them Going So That The Constant Friction Retains Some Heat. I'm Assuming You Have A Guard On Your Blade To Keep The Majority Off Of Your Shield.

3. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

New ones.

The reason your wipers freeze up, if its not raining freezing rain, is because of your heater inside the cab. The windshield glass has to be hot enough to prevent freezing up. If the bottom is hot, it melts the snow. When it gets pushed to the top of the windshield, where it is cold, it freezes again causing build up.

Run your heater on the de-frost mode more. Roll a window down if you get too hot.

Is All Season Lawn the name of your landscape business. I like it. Good play on words.

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

1. winter blades rock (the ones with the covers on the blade) that keep the ice from forming in the blade.

2. you guys don't plow with the window open???????????
    really?
    I always do, lets me see that left side for good tight runs. The heater has to run full blast anyway to keep the windshied free (all the snow flying up from the plow) usually gets too hot.

5. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

Get "Heated" wiper blades. Google them, there are at least 3 companies out there that sell them. I'm gonna get some. :)

6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

for heated wiper blades you can click on the Everblades button at the top of the site or go directly to their site at www.everblades.com

7. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I have had good luck with rainX winter blades;)

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

9. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Thanks Doug..... those heater strips are EXACTLY what I have been looking for!!

I remember decades ago a cruder version mainly for air-cooled VWs and other small cars with anemic defrosters that also helped keep the blades from building up ice at the bottom of the windshield.

Any one here tried these???

I may just have to get a couple sets.

10. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

ditto. thats what i use. EDIT. actually i use rainx all seasons.
    eight bucks.its broke you throw it away and put on a new one.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  11. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

i like the ancos blades work fair pretty cheap

12. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Me too, and I am always coating my windows with RainX. I put it on my toast in the morning with a little dielectric grease. I need a life.

13. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

No problem, someone here uses them because this is where I got the link. They used heated blades and these and said they NEVER have any issues. Im going with these first and hope they fix my problem. Hopefully the person that has them will see this thread.

14. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i use anco winter blades