1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiper Blades...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Northwind, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Northwind

Northwind Junior Member
    from Da U.P.

Picked up a 2014 2500 HD last Thursday. Love the truck for plowing but the floppy wiper blades suck. Any fixes or after market blades you would recommend?

Thanks
    Chris

2. Northwind

Northwind Junior Member
    from Da U.P.

I put on some Bosch Icons. Much better!

3. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

Aero style or arm-less blades should help. I have Winter blades on mine and with the winds we've been having this year they flap like the dickens.

4. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

Love Bosch Icons

5. santaclause

santaclause Member

advanced auto and trico makes a winter blade called trico ICE I have them on my pickup and car they work great go online and get a coupon code and you can ussually get a set for 25.00 bucks

6. Northwind

Northwind Junior Member
    from Da U.P.

Thanks. I'm liking the Icons. I plan on putting the factory blades back on when spring gets here. Salesman said they work good in the summer. lol...

7. TLSIMMONS

TLSIMMONS Member

I bought the trico ice blades 3 weeks ago and they got the right name cause all they've done for me is build up ICE worthless. Going with the Bosch Icons

8. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

ive never had any luck with all these fancy blades, not worth the money really. standard blades in summer and standard winter blades in the winter. Winter blades do suck at highway speeds though. but im hardly ever on the highway when they are on and the weather is bad.

9. Northwind

Northwind Junior Member
    from Da U.P.

They're not the standard wiper blade and I don't think you can put the old style winter blades on it. Those always worked good for me too. Never seen this type of blade before, best I can describe it would be a curved floppy blade with no metal running the length of it. Must be getting old.

10. Midwest BuildIt Inc

11. Northwind

Northwind Junior Member
    from Da U.P.

According to Amazon they will. Thanks for the link!!! Just checked anco's site and they will fit! Always had good luck with those blades in the winter. Thanks again.

12. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Winter blades, for winter....

13. Northwind

Northwind Junior Member
    from Da U.P.

lol... Been using those Anco's for years. Just took them out of the box and snapped them on. I've never seen the new style of blades that came on the truck. I asked the salesman and he said yeah they suck in the winter and I don't know if you can get a winter blade for them. Seen good reviews on the Bosch so went that route.

14. Midwest BuildIt Inc

its getting harder and harder to find the real winter blades. i love when i ask at auto stores and the take me to the new style blades and try to sell me. Most times they've never seen the real winter blades. The one guy thought i was nuts when i asked about heated blades. Told me he never heard of them and didnt think they had ever made such a thing. lol

I remember just out of school the local parts store begging me to work there, cause i actually new about parts and cars. the job i was at sucked so i did. We had many loyal customers. We could find and get any part they wanted. Even if it had to be crossed through three books.

15. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I use the same, anco never had and problem and relatively cheap!

16. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

After three years I finally had to replace the bosch icons on my truck. seems to me you get what you pay for.