1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiper blades

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by camaro 77, Dec 22, 2013.

1. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

so what type of wiper blades are you using. I have a new f-350 and the blades freeze over within 1 hr of plowing and it makes it very hard to see what are you guys using with success.
    Thanks Jeff
  2. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

Try the "Reflex" type - they're not winter wipers but have worked well on my suv for several years.
  3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I saw some heated ones somewhere and think I may pick up a set. Mine do the same thing and I do a lot of driving on my route, so its fairly constant that they freeze up.
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Just normal winter blades. You don't need anything fancy.
  5. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

After trying most blades in existence, except for the heated ones...I bought a 4' retractable snow brush, so I can reach out over the windshield & beat the hell out of the ice build up on the wipers & smear the ice around w/ the squeegee part. I get some funny looks sometimes from onlookers at the light, but it works. With a little practice and timing...I can also get the passenger blade when it's all the way up.
  6. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

ANCO winter blades
  7. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Bosch icons awesome I started a thread earlier this year still a good topic though a clean windshield and an awesome set of blades I also use orange rain ex good stuff doesn't freeze
  8. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

The heated blades work. Guy I know just got a set, and installed them. 150° on his thermal temp gun.
    He says buy them. Best $140 he ever spent on his plow truck.
  9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for the review Bushwell thats great to hear. My route is over 400 miles and it gets scary at times when they freeze up.
  10. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

LOL, drop the "h" in my name! BUZZ WELL. Not Bush well.
  11. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I have a set of heated blades. Love them in the winter. Hate them the rest of the year, they streak horribly.
  12. jim5x5

jim5x5 Member

I've been having good luck with the bosh evolutions. And they are buy one get one half off at autozone right now.
  13. MikeA5150

MikeA5150 Member

Anco winter blades are great all year.
  14. vlc

vlc Senior Member

I run anco winters all year too
  15. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Anco winter blades... Just have to knock the ice off of them occasionally....Its the nature of the beast.

For the guys with heated wipers, how do they get their heat?
  16. MikeA5150

MikeA5150 Member

Before i retired from the highway dept. i tried to get them to order wipers from wipershaker.com but me not being a engineer it never happened. Anyone who plows with a big truck or who has money to spare should check em out.
  17. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

As in power source or heating element?

The set I have the center of the blade was hollowed out and heating element put inside. Also has a heating element along the metal frame of the blade arm.

I ran power through a relay and toggle switch mounted to the dash. My setup it is fully manual operation, not temp or time controlled.
  18. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

bosch icons..do not use the blue cheap window washer fluid...I like prestone with a squeeze of rain-x in it
  19. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I was sceptical on the heated blades, So I bought a cheap set of that are made in china. They do work but they do produce a noisy streak when the windshield is getting dry from the cheap arse rubber they use. I will definitely get a good pair when these crap out. I will pick up a set made in the USA from here:

20. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

As far as heated blades, I saw an older thread where a guy was talking about some that he makes, called Heat Flexx (http://www.heatedblades.com)

At $50, they're about 1/3 the price of the Everblades (http://www.everblades.com)

Anyone have any idea how the two compare?