1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiper blades quit working!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by fisher guy, Dec 17, 2008.

1. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

well guys i was out checking some sites just now and i start hearing a loud buzzing noise then my windshield wipers quit working!!! i stopped and got out and pulled on em with them on high and they acted like they wanted to work but made an even louder buzzing sound and just slowly moved but i had to pullin on them or otherwise they would stop. anyone have any ideas on what it could be??? mind u its a 2003 ford f250 diesel with the 6.0. motor fried??? thanx for all the input in advance

2. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

from the sound of it you should check the posts that come out of the hood that the wiper arms attach to there are little splines on there that can get stripped off and make your wipers not go but they will spin inside wiper arm.
    second thing I would check is the wiper transmission, that is the linkages that connect the wiper motor to the arms. see if it is doing anything. if it is not then its either the motor or the splines on the motor shaft.
    good luck.

slugger

3. fisher guy

new update theyll go up now but wont come back down thanx slugger ill check that right now now that i think about it with all this rain weve been having the wipers been goin a lil lower then they usually do and made a loud smacking sound when the hit bottom

4. fisher guy

ok everything seems normal just when it goes down i have to help it till it gets to all the way down then it jumps back up make me push them back down again