1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wiper blades fiasco ..... HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Pinzgauer, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

I have been angry about these completely cheesy wipers on my '07 new style Sierra. To boot, there aren't any aftermarket all season or winter blades available. Of course GM doesn't have any.

Today we have some bad winter weather I am out plowing. BOTH my wipers are shot. The bracket that holds the rubber blade in place (on top) just busted on both wipers. In addition the accumulated ice at the bottom of the windshield simply sheared off the washer fluid hose into the wiper assembly. As you can imagine I am having a GREAT time with this.

Does anyone know if NAPA or anyone has replacement blades for these wipers???????? I still have hours of plowing to do........

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2007
  2. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

Yea they have repacement blades out they are called Neofoam or somting like that. They are the same crappy blades that come on the truck but that all thats out now. I just had to Repace mine too.

3. Blacksmokey

Blacksmokey Junior Member

Rain-X makes awesome wipers, heres a link.
    And yes they do have the newer GMC sierria on the list.
    http://www.rainx.com/

4. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

winter blades 17$ a peice Pep- boys or Auto-zone.

5. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

I completely agree -- thes NBS 2007 wiper balde systems are horrible. My passenger side hose tore and I had to constantly stop to bang the blades to keep them clear.

My next step is to call my salesman and tell him to have the parts dept pull a new hose/wiper and get it ready for me to pick up. I will not pay for the bad design twice.

6. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

700 miles on my 08 duramax, plowing the other night was tough seeing, with these wimpy wipers!

7. captfudd

captfudd Member

Not for the 2007 NBS not yet anyways!

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Had to replace the wipers with less than 9,000 miles on my '05 Silverado. Really ticked off. $16 a blade from CarQuest.

9. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

NAPA has the good ol' rubber covered winter blades for the GMT-900s
    with that PIA pinch mount system !
    Napa pn# 60-2257-13

Like nite n day compared to the stock junk!

pg175a.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  10. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Dont remember having a problem with the stock blades. When they wore out I bought the Rain- X Contours, biggest mistake i made. Due to the blade being mostly rubber, the ice loves to stick to it making the blade roll like dough on the windshield. Stay away from the Contours!! I am finally going tomorrow and buying new ones.

The other problem i've been having with the wipers, is the passenger side arm keeps getting hung up. It is worse in the snow and ice. But regardless, when the wipers are on for a period of time. The passenger side either give out ( stops working) or only goes up half way. It loves to do this in the heavy rain, or during a blizzard. I have to get out and play with it then it works again.

11. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

The blades and wiper arms used on the GMT-900s are a whole different animal.
    Totally different from the gmt-800 and 400s !