1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wiper blade opinions and rebate

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Bashby, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I did a search earlier today on the best wiper blades, came up with michelin and rain x as good choices. I'd like to hear any pos/neg comments on any you've tried. I've always used anco's because the were cheap and easy to install, but I think I'll try the michelins.

I wasnt going to start a new thread since I got an answer by searching, but I thought I'd share this $10 rebate I ran across http://www.michelinwiper.com/docs/27630_Walmart_Rebate3.pdf

2. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

I used anco's winter wiper blades. Cheap from Wal Mart. Speaking of wipers I need some for 2009 / 2010 season.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

And its just your luck that you have a Wally World right there in St Marys.

4. WeDoSnowplowing

Yepper I forgot about getting wipers. Truck been in shop begin of September for some major body work. Floor rusted out. Still in shop on 11-17-2009. They are hoping to have it done This Friday. Well truck is in the shop. I am working on the snowplow save me labor costs there.

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

if you want wipers for the truck in your avatar you are in luck.i know one of the true importers of the hi-jet line. all of the other guys will just rip you off. you can get a brand new diahatsu,mitsu,handa, whatever you want it badged as for 2k. brand new.

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

But can he still get wiper blades for it at Wally World?

7. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

not for that gook hunk of spit.

8. WeDoSnowplowing

Been chanfe once a year. Normal this time of the year or when 1st snow fall. No plowable snow yet. Just been having dustings in early morning. That melt the same morning by noon its gone.

9. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

Stay away from the Rain-ex blades, they should stick to just the rain-ex product, they lasted about a month, maybe a month and a half before I got rid of them. Nothing beats the winter blades for the winter that come in the blue package with the yellow and white writing, why am I drawing a blank, and then I go with the newer style there with no metal frame for the spring through the fall, great blades, great for highway driving

10. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

We run ANCO blades, and have for YEARS!
    Except during snow storms, then we run heated wipers.

Heated wipers are WAY worth the money!

11. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I use Michelin all year. Tried the RainX and hated them. The Michelin blades seem to hold up pretty good too.

12. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Michelin sold at Costco. Great wipers.

13. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I give why do some of you hate RainX ????

I have the NBS Chevy and even the original wipers made horrible noise and last a summer. I put on the RainX ( top end ) and they are quiet. No thumb on my window, smooth.

14. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

The ones I put on streaked bad. Worse than cheap blades that were 6 months old!

15. WeDoSnowplowing

Is this the website http://www.everblades.com ?

16. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

My brother in law bought two, and one broke first month and scratch the windshield, I bought a set and they were so lound when they went to change directions, like a bucking noise and after about a month they streaked worse than frozen blades

17. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Do not I repeat do not buy the rainx latitudes. They are the most expensive wiper I have ever bought and they were by far the worst I have ever had. Talk about streak central first time using them in winter conditions I had to go immediately to the nearest gas station to buy the 2.99 special and they were far superior to the rainx. They are the o ly product I have ever written a reveiw about online but I felt I had to due to how dangerous they are.

18. WeDoSnowplowing

Bought what the heated ones or RainX

19. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I've had pretty good luck with bosch icons. Haven't tried em out in the winter though.

20. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

The RainEx ones