1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Winter's Coming

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Flipper, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Nope not going to be a picture os snow somewhere distant.

Last night I was running up to Bradley Airport just north of Hartford, CT to pick up my wife and my oldest son who were coming home from visiting her parents. A 9pm just east of Waterbury, CT on 84 I saw two flatbeds with Michigan plates. Want to guess what they had on them?

At least 20 Boss blades, Vs and trip edges along with assorted cartons on each truck. Tried to get a picture but it was to dark and hard to pace them. Looked nice though.

So now here's the funny part. Going home about and hours later at the 91-84 interchange in Hartford I see a truck loaded with Fisher blades heading west on 84 coming down from Mass. So I guess the companies are getting the stock out.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

My spidey senses are telling me its gonna be a nasty winter! lol :drinkup:

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I kno.......i feel it in my bones! Now only if we could get Gv to believe!:waving:

4. creativedesigns

Im sure GV believes! After all, thats why he bought another truck! :nod:

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He has Fords, of course he needs 2.:D

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice flipper! just about this time last year i was coming home around 10pm and got behind a flatbed semi loaded up with muni. plows. the guy pulled into the state DOT garage in my town! i dunno...it made me excited that night :D

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

And the rest of the night you can keep to urself!:nono:

8. 06HD BOSS

thats why i ended my post right there :jester: but the night ended with the latter of the 2 things you PMed me about :D

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice a beer and alone time with the twp plows!

10. creativedesigns

Ya! lol, It's more like alone time with the plows & Giada! :D

11. 06HD BOSS

try giada and her 2 friends :D

[​IMG]

12. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

We had a little sciff of snow here in the mountains on thursday night. On friday I think every one of my crew ask me (did you see the snow this morning?) Hope you all are well looking forward to another year,start on plows trucks loaders mondaypayuppayup

13. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

yeah, its been a ****** winter here..no warmth...im thinking it'll be a cold snowy winter!

14. 06HD BOSS

glad to see you back Wade. cant wait for more of your pics! :D

15. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Thanks sir I took alot this summer I will post soon I have a new laptop so need to load them firstxysport

16. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I can't really say as to what I am feeling this year. I have way to much real work to do before it snows. But If i had to guess, No Snow for me this year.

J.