1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Winter wiper blades for a 2008 Silverado?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by peterk800xc, Sep 25, 2009.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Anyone here know of a better wiper blade than the OEM for a 2008 Silverado? I am looking for a winter blade.I was at the local NAPA store and they are still stocking the regular type blades for these trucks.Thanks.

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

PETE............After pulling my hair out trying to find ANY replacement blades for my gmt-900
    I found both summer and the rubber covered winter blades in stock at my local NAPA.
    They are the new style beam/pinch mount style.

I got the NAPA Winter Edge rubber covered ones napa pn. 60-2257-13
    $15 each

3. peterk800xc

Thanks.

Thanks.I will be at the NAPA store in the morning.They were supposed to get these exact same blades in last Winter but never got them.Hopefully by now they have some in stock.Do they work better than the OEM blades? Hope they last longer also. Pete

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I have been using Michelin all season blades. They work very well in the winter and seem to last pretty good as well.

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I can tell you what NOT to buy..... Valeo one piece things. don't do it.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

i have really liked the ones without the pressure points...not the rainX ones but the michelin ones. Definitely worth the money!

7. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I have the Rain-X latitude or longitude ... I love them they clean the windshield very well winter or summer.... A little pricey but they work ....

8. peterk800xc

Thanks!!!!!!!

Got 2 of the NAPA 60-2257-13 Winter Wiper blades today.Just like the older winter blades ( all rubber covered) BUT with the new style GM pinch tab mounting system.Sure will make life easier this year plowing. Thanks again.

9. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

you guys rock I was just gonna ask this.

10. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Senior Member

I am also having good luck with mine so far, thought they were just going to be over priced POS that I would take back but they surprised me and I am happy with them!

11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i use annco blades

12. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I have the Rain X ones on my truck right now, replace worn out Michelins. IMO the Michelins are a lot better. I have had the Rain X wipers for about 3-4 months now and I need new ones. The cheapo blades at Wal Mart work better!

13. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

gm will replace them under warranty till 12,000 miles. they replaced mine twice on my 08 in less then 12k miles. last winter was bad, most of the after market ones were not out. most are now.