1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Winter Weather Outlook 07-08

Discussion in 'Weather' started by FISHERBOY, Oct 1, 2007.

1. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

The winter outlook is out from Mad Man Margusity he says ice storms for the northeast or slop storms:dizzy: that what i like to call them, it looks like the big winners will be in the mid-west, and the great plains good news for u guys payup.

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

hmmm. since last winter ive had mixed thoughts about his predictions. he gets trigger happy sometimes. but i dont like that prediction for us. also its a totally different one than everyone else's. we'll just have to see. :rolleyes:

3. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

weather 07-08

Yes he is trigger happy, i really hope he's wrong cause my largest place is now going by the inch, so what r people saying in your area for the winter

4. 06HD BOSS

Well all ive seen is what guys posted on here from the farmers almanac and another source.

08usmap_400.jpg

5. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

i cant decide if i am right on that line for pa or if im out side of it but i guess wel have to wait and see.. im hooking the plows up this weekend.....(its never too eairly) to test them and installing some new strobes. bring it on

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

noaa predictions

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  7. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Are those noaa predictions from last year? 06/07??

Bossman

8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes: I think you are right Dooouh...:dizzy:

I think this is for the next 3 months

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  9. Bossman 92

I just pulled up the farmers almanic online, the little 2 month tease, and it said that the first week of november we have a chance of accumlating snow. Then a few more times throught the month. That would be nice for a change. :D

When I saw your first post I thought here we go again :angry:

10. 06HD BOSS

I was thinking the same thing. Nice spot with the 06/07 dates. F.A. predicts cold and stormy weather for us in Nov with chances of snow and rain. Im being patient after the last 2 years we got ripped off.

11. Bossman 92

The last 2 years were a big bust. 2 years ago we had a great december with somthing like 9 salts, then the wheels came off, and the rest of the year was a let down. I hope this year is better than the last few.

Bossman

12. lawnsrusinc.

lawnsrusinc. Senior Member

I was all preped last year for some salting events and nothing we only used 80 ton where we usually use 180-200 i hope the predictions for the midwest this winter r correct!!!! for once

13. Dhouse

Dhouse Member

I think I will do my snow dance :bluebounc

14. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  15. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

Ive heard both, Ive heard that its suppose to be cold and snowy in the northeast and Ive heard that e are suppose to have a mild and slushy winter. I tend to go with the farmers almanac predictions. They are usually pretty reliable. Hope for the best.

16. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I'm with bossman on this one, but i'll let you know in may

17. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

yea you just never know. here in kc we salted 23 x and plow 10 not bad for the midwest

18. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

DO YOU MEAN IN ONE YEAR?

If so Which year? Do you wait for snow before you plow or just replace cutting edges often and the 23 salts do you mean you used 23ton or 23 differ events,

The only reason i am confused is because here south of K.C. we got more snow that K.C. and i think we only plowed 3-4times and about that many salting events

Where in K.C. are you at

But back on Q' Bring the snow on i think we'll not have a good of year as last but more snow than normal (8"-12")

Jay Brown: how much is normal for st-joe

19. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

He could be right. 2 years ago, my buddy 40 miles south of me plowed 16 times, I plowed 7.

Last year, guys in IA had 20+ plowings, I had 10 events here in MN.

20. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

We have left the main shop here and salted less than an 1", where Dad has left the other shop 12 miles South of us and had 2-3" on the ground and had full plow event, At the same time our route that is 20mins north a plowable event.