1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Winter Weather Advisory Central NY!!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by LawnProLandscapes, Oct 27, 2008.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

heard it first on the NOAA channel on my cb and didnt believe it and went home and checked NWS.com ... some reports are saying 8-16" with the peak being 1"/hour and others are reporting 3-5" ... ill be happy if we even get an inch!! :cool: im a little worried though about the trees still having some leaf's on them though, i got the plow all hooked up and checked out and its ready to roll!!! :gunsfiring: also made sure the husky chain saw was all ready to roll just in case we get some down trees...

http://www.weather.com/weather/aler...ificance=A&areaid=NYZ038&office=KALY&etn=0010

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yeah, NOAA's saying total accumulations to be 8-16" here in Cobleskill- I'd be happy to see half of that- not that I'm plowing but it'd be nice to have some white stuff on the ground, at least for a little while! Hopefully a sign of things to come in NJ when I'm home for about a month to plow payuppayup

3. LawnProLandscapes

suny cobleskill? i go to school there for landscape contracting, is that where you are talking about?

4. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I'm getting a little nervous
    1 new plow not here
    2 old plow blown hydro line
    3 no parking lot salt
    4 really not ready for the stuff
    5 still cutting grass
    6 need to go to Oscoela tomorrow for stump work :eek:

5. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

yeah me too earl, no snow tires on trucks till tommorrow, no rental machines to use pusher on or to load salt, waiting for spinner motor on my tail gate spreader, but all plows r ready to go, i hav my new v-box all i hav to do is load it up.

6. VBR

VBR Member

wanna send some to Buffalo?

7. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I'm by the e in Syracuse
    747.jpg

747.jpg

8. LawnProLandscapes

thats no good earl.. well im supposed to be at college tomarroe from 900 hours until 1800 hours so i dont know if im going to go or if im going to just go and leave early before it gets worse.also the guy i sub for is still waiting for the finalization on his contracts so i dont know if were supposed to roll tomarroe yet. :gunsfiring: im sure ill still get to do some pushing though thatll give me a perma smile for a while... :D

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yeah- no way- what year are you in? I'm a freshman in Landscape Contracting- who are you?

10. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

updated totals
    747.jpg

747.jpg

11. heavychevy01

heavychevy01 Member

This storm has been a funny one to watch the "weathermen" forecast.

Watched the news Yesterday @ noon, just rain here in the hudson valley, snow in higher elevations, nothing much. Watch the news @ 6, perhaps some flakes in the afternoon in the valleys, nothing major, mtn's may get 3-6". Watch the news this morning, all bets are off, valleys may get up to 4" by evening commute :redbounceand anything over 1000' 8-16":dizzy: They have no idea whats going to happen.

Got the plow ready just incase, I guess we'll see by this evening what's really going to happen.

12. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Holy cow! :eek: somebody better get pics!

13. gkm

gkm Senior Member

somebody is getting snow in october before Grandview?:dizzy:

14. benabarlow

benabarlow Member
    from vermont

2 to 4 inches Burlington Vt

2 to 4 inches Burlington Vt the temp however does not get below 34 degrees. Its a melter here I think.

15. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Earl you sound scared, if you need any tips i will help you out!:waving:

16. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

By the radar it looks like a nice storm. Anybody have anything to report with measureable snow as of yet?

[​IMG]

Tim looks like you should drive up and help out :p

17. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

were getting snow of our ownprsport

18. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

All we have here in Utica is rain... Still find it hard to believe we'll get what they say tonight... I'm up pretty high here, and all we had was a little sleet early this morning. Guess we'll see...

19. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

48* and heavy rain here :D

20. LawnProLandscapes

im in my 3rd year of college but my first at cobleskill... my name is ben skibinski... i have a lot of the entry level classes that you should be in like Eniro. Design I, Botany I, Woody Plants, Soil Science... you in bachelors or associates program?