1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

winter tires....

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by midnightsun13, Dec 19, 2006.

1. midnightsun13

midnightsun13 Junior Member

anyone deal with the trxus m/t from interco? how is it in the icy/snow conditions? im currently running 265/75/16 bfg all terrains but i blew one and they all need to be replaced soon anyway...was considering the trxus cuz they're cheaper and hav alot of siping...let me know
    thanks guys!
    rob

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Anything with sipping is going to better in wet icy conditions than the BFG's. But as far as any cheep tire it may not be quiet, wear well or balance out true. I find you get what you pay for.

Add a signature so we van see what truck your running. If it's a half ton or 3/4 I will make a difference in load range. 3/4 you'll may want to be looking at a E rated tire.

3. midnightsun13

sig done.....the bfg all terrains have some siping...its just that everyone says you really cant do much better for winter conditions and my bfg's pull amazingly in the snow....i have pushed in 2wd before

4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I added a photo

Hey, Just added a photo so we could see what kind of tread pattern it had.

trxus mt.jpg

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

looks like a nice tire, but what do i know?

I too have plowed with BFG's. Actually last year was my first year without them and I missed them. I used my brand new stock tires and they were terible and they are the upgraded M&S form Bridgestone. I had them Sipped and they were better but not even close to the studded Nokian tires that I have on my car.

6. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

I love my studded Nokian Hakka LT with studs:salute: .

Have 4 on my '01 Chevy and 6 payup on my '97 wrecker.

Derek

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Is it safe to assume you are replacing BFG Mud Terrains and not All Terrains? Don't think you'll beat the performance of the AT's with these tires, but they're probably better in the snow than the MT's....

8. snyps

snyps Senior Member

A friend of mine runs those in the winter and loves them.

I think the BFG AT's were my personal favorite, I run Cooper Discoverer's now, and I like them for snow, but suck when icy. They were pricy $170 a tire.

Good Luck

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I had bfg all terrains on my 94 GMC 2500 and they were awesome. I never got stuck and never even got tire spin with a buttload of snow in front of the blade. I am for sure getting them on my 00 Silverado. I had the 285/75/16 size, similar to a 33" tire.

10. midnightsun13

yea i think im just gonna stick with the bfg a/t's i can get em for 154 a piece.....what size is everyone running on obs (88-98) trucks? could i get away with 285's with the plow or shud i just stick with my 265's?

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I had the 285's on my 94 GMC 2500 and I just turned the torsion bar like 2-3 cranks and had no rub with the plow on. If you have timbrens on then there should be no prob.

12. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I had 285's on stock rims on a 90,94 and a 99 all half to GMC's with no torsion bar adjustments. just the under the bumper rubber/plastic air dam trimmed.

On my 05 3/4 ton they are cranked 4 turns but not for the tires but for the rake forward that that I hated. the bumper is trimmed and the well well plastic is melted and bent back with a heat gun.