1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

winter tires for toolcat??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by skidooer, Oct 10, 2008.

1. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

what are you guys using for tires in the winter for your toolcats, looking for best tire for snow and ice traction.:help:

2. Spudgunner

Spudgunner Member

Last year I took the stock Industrial tires off and put on LT235/75-15's. And then reinforced chains on all four. Then an additional 800 lbs. in the bed. Worked great. You'll find chains relatively cheap for that size of tire since they are so common. The Toolcat has a common "6 on 5.5" bolt pattern which means you can buy wheels at a trailer dealer. I got new white spokes for $21 apiece...I'm sure they are more now. If/when you put chains on, make absolutely sure the ends of the chain are securely fasted so as to eliminate "chain slap". If you don't, the spinning chain end will tear-off the zerks on the tops of the A-arms and you'll have to make an appointment with Mr. Easy-Out. Ugh.

3. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i think he's talking about a 5600 not a bobcat UTV...........i would still like to know where you think the A-arm is on a toolcat :rolleyes:

I have turf tires on mine and we get along fine in the snow......the mud is somehting that the machine dosent deal well with though,

PJ