1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Winter Storm Nemo

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Spool it up, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

3-4'' an hour . Wondering where NEMO came from ? NorEaster? :laughing:

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Tried to think of an acronym for Nemo..can't do it...

3. Spool it up

they're really ramping this thing up . it hasnt even coagulated yet . id hate to be a meteorologist now .:laughing:

4. wilsonsground

wilsonsground Senior Member

3"-4" an hour is really going to fun with commercial lots that take almost an hour to do!

5. Spool it up

this ought to stimulate the ne economy a bit . id start by stacking plow hoses , rams ,fittings , oil , eggs bacon milk

6. Spool it up

These storms are the ones that separate the men from the boys . You know , all them posers with 2 trucks covering 10 acres and limited resources .

Stand back , and wait for the phone calls , have contracts in hand with a new pen . This is where we have them by the footballs:laughing:

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Disney Thumbs Up

8. Spool it up

i can see them now , pacing around the room . oh shoot , i better get a good lawyer first . you know theyre not bonded .

Thats exactly what happened here in Philly 2009-11 winters . Hand over fisting thousands on posers with 1 truck who beat our numbers by thousands .

It happened again with the Osama administration economy . The dollar turned into the bargaining chip , not the experience , references , equipment , insurance and so on .

They'll all be caught with their pants down sucking their thumbs .:laughing:

9. peterng

peterng Senior Member

the hype is wicked eh. gives them somthing to put in the news. Big numbers being tossed around on air I'd say we'll end up with 4-6inches. The wind and cold will be the story of the day.

10. Spool it up

the posers and seasonals are hoping that too . :laughing:

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

This storm is only going to last about 10 hrs ,easy run,with 2 cups of coffee.

12. wilsonsground

wilsonsground Senior Member

I don't even have time for new accounts if we really get what they're saying for my area. Went through both trucks today. Let's have a good ride boys!!payup

13. Spool it up

you have a positive attitude Grandy . I always think of the worst . Im thinking how many trucks will go down and who gets caught sleeping behind the dumpsters by the loading dock .

And how much coffee is spilled on my seat :laughing::laughing:

14. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Nobody
    Expects
    More than
    One inch

15. Spool it up

good one .

16. JTVLandscaping

Just another fish storm...

17. Spool it up

North
    East
    Monster
    On the loose

18. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Or the headlines the day after the storm.

North

East

Misses

Out

19. JTVLandscaping

Never
    Entrust
    Meteorologists,
    Okay?

20. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Looking forward to making some bank. Who knows, might even need to go get # 7....I can weld up a mount for my 9' straight blade Fisher on the old girl..No stopping # 7..