1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Winter stinks!

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Dave T, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

60 degrees on Friday... plowed 9" of snow this morning. Starting to run out of room to put it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Polaris500Sport

Polaris500Sport Member
    from Alberta

is that a 60" American Eagle blade?

3. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

Yep! Works great too... had one on my last quad.

4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

with a 60 degree I would think you'd have lost enough snow to have room for the new stuff?

I hear ya though them piles don't ever melt down very fast.

due you use the Mirrors alot when Plowing and are what kind are they?

nice looking unit.
    sublime out.

5. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

Yea, thank goodness we did have a couple of warm days. A lot of it melted, but there is more on the piles now than there was before the melt. :dizzy:

The mirrors are EMEGO's. I use them, but not as much as I should. Mostly to watch out for traffic on the road when I back out to get a running shot down the driveway.

6. atv4wheeler

atv4wheeler Junior Member

How close to the ground is the plow frame? It looks like it's ready to drag on the ground under the quad. Must be the picture because I doubt they would design it so low. The Eagle plows are supposed to be very well made and I'll be looking at them for a replacement.

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have sites where they don't want to do loader work because of warm weather. The piles melt down but never back. The pile is just as long just not as high.

I like the quad. I would love to give 1 a try for sidewalks but I hate doing walks.

8. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

Without measuring, I would say probably 5" or so. Not a problem for me. I don't think I've ever hit anything with the frame. However, for someone that has to go over curbs or something like that, it could be a problem.

The quick detachable tube frame is nice. Take the plow off, loosen the 4 bolts holding the tube frame... slide it forward a 1/2" or so, and it drops out of the frame mount. No loss of GC, and the frame mount acts as a pretty good skid plate.

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. You should stack the snow. I drive rite up the bank with my Arctic Cat.

10. irv

irv Senior Member

how do you like the suzuki 500. i have had hondas forever but nothing
    has changed again for 2012. considered the 550 yamaha back in 09.
    the suz 500 is supposed to have one of the best eps systems those
    would probably be the only other manufacturers i would consider. the
    honda is bulletproof but no frt locker or rear disc. dont really care about
    fuel injection. never had a cold start problem. any input appreciated.
    --irv

11. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

Love it. Starts good, runs good, plenty of power and hasn't given me any issues. The EPS is nice.... not too much assist... just enough to make it steer easy and smooth, and is great for plowing. Really love how the EPS reduces bump steer on the trials.

12. spyder666

spyder666 Junior Member
    from NEPA

what parts of nepa there dave? i had to work all day monday plowing in mt. pocono. we came in around 10" there.

13. spyder666

spyder666 Junior Member
    from NEPA

at the front of my foreman when the plow is down i only have about an 1" or so of clearence to the frame of my moose. it concerns me alittle but i havent hit nothing with it yet. anyone else running a moose having the same amount of clearence i do?

14. 97silverado

97silverado Junior Member
    from NEPA

I plowed 9 right up the road in scranton Wilkesbarre area. Gotta love PA with the sudden and dramatic climate changes. I know I sure do.

15. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

spyder,

I'm about 16 miles northwest of Wilkes-Barre.

16. atv4wheeler

atv4wheeler Junior Member

If you only have 1" of clearance with it down, does it hit when it is up? I can't believe it has that little clearance by design.

17. spyder666

spyder666 Junior Member
    from NEPA

No its fine when it is up but right where the pivot mechanism is when it is down there
    is only an 1" of clearance. The cutting edge is in good shape so I think the frame is that
    low by design.

18. irv

irv Senior Member

my warn is about the same. never had a problem in 6 years.