1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

winter ready

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rmartin, Aug 19, 2004.

1. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

What do you guys do to get your trucks and plows ready for the winter. Tuneups for the plows, trucks??????Anything really important you do?
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Check condition of all connections both mechanical, hydraulic and electrical. Clean as required. And Lubricate. Lubricate Lubricate.

Check condition of hydraulic lines.

Check all above for tightness.

Test all functions vigorously.

Same for truck.
  3. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Don't forget to spray your trucks. I use ATF, used motor oil, and a little diesel to dilute the mixture. I put it in a pump sprayer, and coat the undersides of the truck, while trying not to get it on rubber hoses, or tires. It does wonders for protection, and also seals existing rust.
  4. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

-change all fluids (brake, tranny, oil, differential, transfer case washer fluid switch to pink,
    -check and replace worn belts keep the old ones in the tool box for a 2:00am replacement
    -check ball joints and steering components
    -check all welds and seems on plows
    -check brake and headlights
    -remove any corrosion on battery and apply dielectric greese to all battery, plow, and trailer connections
  5. fisher42

fisher42 Banned

about spraying your trucks... does this really help? can't this be bad for some parts?
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

what r u spraying i never heard of that my self
  7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Check airpreasure in my tire.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004