1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

winter project summer fun

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Bibbo, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

so now that the weather is getting a bit warmer i figured id show a few pics of my winter project/summer ride, its a 95 sportster the first pics when i got it and the second pic is now, i chopped the fender, changed and heatwrapped the pipe, hand made the seat pan (soon to be covered once i figure out how) shes getting painted flat black, still have to wire up tail light, directional's , make a mount for my new air cleaner, :mechanic: i cant wait to ride! anybody else got pics of there bikes or projects (cars, boats, bikes, whatever it may be)

2.2.jpg

heatwrap.jpg

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Almost done! It looked pretty lousy before!

3. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Nice a guy by my house has one with apes on it looks sweet loud as hell his pipes dump right in front of the passenger foot pegs

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I cant seem to understand the fascination with apes....but thats JMO.

Bikes looking good-much better than before.

Lots of guys riding up here over the weekend-still too much crap on the roads for my liking.

5. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

On some bikes apes give you a more relaxed riding position I was going to put some on my bike but I'm getting a new bike next year. I went to a local guy that builds choppers yesterday he custom made 26in apes for a harley road king it was sweet but I could barely grab them the owner of the bike is 6'7 (im 5'8) so i guess it fits him just right. I think the tallest you can buy aftermarket is 16" or 18"

6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I had a set of 20inch apes on my 54 pan and they were pretty comfortable. I will try to find a pic.
    That sporty looks much better man, nice work.
    Robert

7. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

thanks for all the comments guys! i dont like apes beacuse you cant push the bike to its limits from a performance stand point (youll never see a bike on any track with apes lol), the setup i have with flat track bars on a 4" riser is comfortable and allows me to really control my bike. im trying to keep it light and keep all the un-nessary stuff off of it. im still up in the air if i want to run a front fender or not.

8. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

your bike is looking good any new pics lately?

i have been working on mine also, i still need a fairing and mirrors yet but she is coming along, for some reason it feels like a different bike all depending which side i come up to lol,

i even started working on my car again, she is coming along slowly haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that should work out nicely

post up recent pics of yours