1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Winter Outlook!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by tls22, Oct 6, 2008.

1. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

3. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Thats very good news, now maybe i can finally use that new toro i bought last year
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Ive been waiting for his forecast, thanks for posting. That storm track map looks good, it puts CT on the cold side of the lows. last year the clipper track low went right above CT and the coastal low track hugged the coast more which brought warmer weather aloft every freakin storm! he shows our temps as being normal, but to the contrary of farmer almanac and snow day. His average winter jet stream which you didnt post puts us in a good place too. Ill take 6-18" of snow every 10 days! :D
  5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Hm did very well last year with his forcast outlook, we shall see how he does this winter! Im down for what he is saying now!:p
  6. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

so tim , you thing chicago is gonna have a slightly higher than normal snowfall total? we normally see 38 inches approx , how many storms? temps? winning lotto numbers for sat night?
  7. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

ditto^^^ i want snow
  8. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

i hope henry is right clippers are money makers for me 5/6 inchs and good to go major storms are would be great if it happens we'll see :rolleyes:
  9. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

that snowfall map makes me chuckle

the farther north you go, the more snow is predicted.....hmmmmmm
  10. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

so im only getting fifty inches?

what was his map for last year?

not that i have much faith in accuweather last winter i followed them and they were wrong eight out of ten times in my area. I think they pull there totals out of a hat or throw darts at a dart board.
  11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Bri you have to rember last winter was a very good year from kansas-maine.....many people saw 4 times there avg for snowfall. It will be very hard for ur area to gave over 100 again, diff storm track and winter.
  12. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

exactly they have me between 40 -50 inches our average is like 46 or 48 inches lots of useful info there
  13. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

We had 72 inches last year and the farmer's almanac is calling for more this year...payup
  14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Sorry to say but u will prob have a slightly above avg year or just normal, last winter was outstanding for you. Somthing like that does not happen every year!
  15. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

has anyone else in winter weather dept @ accu weather posted anything up yet i havn't checked in awhile . those totals look near avg for me
  16. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

That forcast sounds like a winner to me! I don't need the 18" storms but I'll glady take a 5-8"er every week-10 days!!
  17. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

The farmers almanac also said this would be a dry and extremely hot summer. Allthough we were somewhat dry, we were far from hot this summer. Last time we had a cool summer the following winter was a dud :dizzy:
    The jet stream is key, if your south of the line you dont get snow. last winter that bugger set in and we were just north of it. It did not budge all winter, We had 94" here, when our average was 42". It went up after last season.
  18. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Screw our average, its gonna dump like hell, lol

No really, I think it will be a good winter, the forcast for the winter are always the same every year, it will be cold and you will have snow. Thats my winter forcast. Weather people can hardly call a storm as its happening much less months before. All these reports are based on current trends compared to trends recorded in the past, sometimes they are right and sometimes wrong. I like hearing that we are suppossed to have a nasty winter but we wont know until its over or at least are 1 month in. TLS, stop trying to rain on our parade, remember, the rain stays in Jersey! LOL

All we can do is raise our glass to a great winter and hope we get it!

YAY for no sun spots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

20. gkm

gkm Senior Member

:cry:we are over due in my area less than average snow fall in a few years now:cry: