1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Winter not over yet

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FISHERBOY, Feb 24, 2012.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Sombody is bored. This winter was nothing more than an extended fall. Like a 120 day November.
  3. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

Your exactly right, great analogy! I was really excited about ice fishing this season and just like in November there isn't and wasn't any ice to fish on. Let's just hope spring is better than last years spring though.
  4. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

So it was grey and rainy....windy....then snow came out and there's a huge rainbow....nice april, i mean february day!

FISHERBOY Senior Member

not trying to brag here, but we had about 5 inches of heavy wet snow last night. The forecast was calling for a coating to an inch.
  6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

It's nothing but rain here, and no cold weather forecasted.

I'm actually glad, as I'm doing a kitchen reno now, and snow would just make it suck.
  7. Bossman 92

I was also pumped for ice fishing, actually I have my ice gear sitting on the family room floor ready to be put away for the year. I've heard the walleyes are on fire on lake erie now, so anyone looking to fish erie for eyes soon let me know. I have a 22' center console boat and love fishing for eyes or pearch.......offer for PS guys only! :drinkup:
  8. Bossman 92

Soooo.....they nailed the forcast! Perfect! :laughing:
  9. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

We were suppose to get 2-4" and ended up with a coating...the ole' switcheroo I guess. Our weathermen should trade jobs.
  10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I just hope and pray that the summer isn't a dried up desert like setting. Then again, with the lack of moisture through the winter it might be a damp summer. I know last season I had to skip a month of mowing.
  11. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

X2 on that;also hoping it isn't wet...as I recall,last winter we had like this,the summer sucked bad!
  12. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

friday night, they calling for 10cm-4in here and i got 15cm-6in, but then they said another 10cm-4in the next night & we got not ever a trace. So point is winter not over but you shouldnt listen to the weather man lol
  13. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

The blizzard of '93 was in mid March.

I'm getting the boat ready for fishing too. We live in the heart of the Finger Lakes region of NY state.
  14. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

I remember that snow storm here in rochester.....I was a little guy, but my pops told me he gave up trying to keep things clear and just went home to sleep until storm was over. It was the hardest he's seen it snow ever....and it last hours and hours. He took the express way home and had to follow the guard rail because he couldn't see past front of plow......no thanks.
  15. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

We wanted to pan fry perch so bad we went out in January in our like 13 footer 9.9 we use for the smallest finger lakes where u can't have anything over 10. Anyways it was 50, sunny, hammered them, and to top it off, made the news. Ice fishing stuff never made it down from the loft in the shop......what a shame.
  16. Bossman 92

Thats awesome. I must say we have had several perch dinners this winter out of our stock pile from last fall. We fish Lake Erie and had quite a few trips where we pulled 3 or 4 man limits, could have easily kept more but couldnt find anyone else to go with us.
  17. AugustArborists

AugustArborists Member
    from Wyoming