1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Winter is over!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tutianoburgante, Mar 10, 2009.

1. tutianoburgante

tutianoburgante Member

O.k guys and girls all bad weather is over for the Northeast (New England) states, so lets put all equipment away and get ready for the next season!

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you put your equipment away it will snow for sure.

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I do believe thats the intention.
    Or

I know a plower that went to Ohio on Saturday, we had that 1 inch of slush storm Monday. So if more of you went out of town maybe the rest of us could have a good storm:waving:

4. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Heavy rain and freezing rain overnight tonihgt will make for some good slip and fall insurance claims, more slush this weekend and possible plowable snow on Monday says Yogi Berra was right.

5. snowbankr

snowbankr Member

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut, to my knowledge, were the original New England States. When did all the "other" States get the distinction? NY, PA, VA, and such. The season is NOT over for us up here...we just got 5" yesterday, freezing rain tonite, then highs in the upper 30's to lower 40's during the day, lowering to 20-25 at night. Let us enjoy the last pushes of the season then wallow up to our a**es in mud to the next 3 weeks. We've got 3 more pushes left.

6. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

i never put plows away till mid april, u just never know, all the longer models seem to say cold and dry around mid month , maybe we can get 1 more storm in

7. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

I may be old, but I remember a storm in '87 that started as rain, turned to snow overnight and dumped 13" of the classic snowman snow by noon. It was mid-April and the forsythias and Magnolias were in full bloom. OUCH! The classic line from one little girl who was watching me plow- "Look mommy, he made vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce!"

8. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

that's pretty funny.

Yeah, here in Michigan, the weather's kinda unpredictable. I remember about 10 years ago, it was mid- or late-March and we get a snow and ice storm that left us with a bunch of ice and some 6" of snow. If I were out with y'all, I'd leave my equipment ready to roll until mid-April at least.

9. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I remember that...same year we got 14" of snow on October 4th. Whatever trees managed to survive April were nailed in October.

10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I wish winter was over but it is 2 today with a -22 wind chill.

11. Mowing4aLiving

Mowing4aLiving Junior Member

We always keep winter stuff out until mid april. Last year we got a snow the first week of April. Year before that we were almost starting spring cleanups. I would rather have the stuff ready to go and not have to worry about pulling everything back out to plow that last storm.

12. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I packed one plow truck and salter away. I also got one trailer with mowers, trimmers etc ready to go for the season. Waiting on one more contract to be signed and I am off to the races(mowing season).

13. Skid Mark

Skid Mark Member
    from ny

Wish it wasn't...:salute::cry::realmad::salute:

14. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Say it aint' so.

15. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

so who thinks southern mn winter was a bust

16. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

:waving::waving::waving:

17. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

Yesterday was kinda lame we only got about 8 hours per truck in.

Otherwise I have been happy with the season so far.

18. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Junior Member
    from Midwest

December and early January were nice. Other than that, it was crap.

Last night was cold as all hell, windy, and the ice ridiculous.

Yeah, we got about 7.

19. jhook

jhook Senior Member

There are more seasons?

20. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Yes we have road construction season about to start.

:salute: