1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

winter grill cover

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dieselpusher, Sep 12, 2009.

1. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

anyone know where i can get a winter grill cover for me 05 chevy dmax

2. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

go to your local hardware store and buy a package of zip ties that match the color of your vehicle, then go to the local grocery store and pick up a cardboard box from out in back of the building. Cut box to fit grill, attach with said zip ties.....

sorry I could not resist.......

have you tried J.C. whitney or the napa or what ever auto parts store you have there?
    slugger

3. OMGWTFBBQ

OMGWTFBBQ Member

4. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

Yeah, eBay - thats where I got mine two years ago. $50.00

:cool:

5. DieselDan172

DieselDan172 Member
    from Mass.

2 years ago I got one from my local dealership, it was only 55 or 60 bucks. That was for just the grill cover, not the bumper cover.

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

7. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Got my FIA from Cabelas. Comes with the winter cover and a bug screen...ussmileyflag

8. diesel dust

diesel dust Junior Member

You won't need one in NJ

9. OMGWTFBBQ

OMGWTFBBQ Member

Yeah thats how the stealer makes his money. I paid $40 + 15 shipping and got both.

10. haejinjoe

haejinjoe Junior Member

I have seen guys have trouble selling them here and on Diesel Place for not much money at all.
    FYI, from my experience here in Central IL the grill cover doesn't make much difference until the temp gets down to about 20F and lower, and that difference is only on how fast the heater begins to work.

Good luck finding the grill cover.

AverageJoe ussmileyflagussmileyflag