1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Winter Equipment Applications of Fluid Film..Check out this video

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by joyofFluidFilm, Nov 30, 2010.

1. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

No need to worry about rust and corrosion from attacking your snow plow or spreader. Fluid Film is all you need. It will prevent rust through its powerful seal that will keep the corrosive substances from ruining your winter equipment. Nothing will be able to get through Fluid Film after it is applied.

Fluid Film's unique wool-wax base provides long term protection for all metals and tack free lubrication for moving parts. It stops existing corrosion on contact!

Use Fluid Film during the winter months in order to keep the harsh chemicals off of your plow or spreader that could corrode and cause rust damage. The lubricant will provide a barrier for the salt and other harsh mixtures used on the roads during the winter time.

Check out this Fluid Film Winter Applications Video:drinkup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctHG1FL-XhY

:waving:If you have never used Fluid Film, pm me and I will gladly send you a sample can out. Have a happy Fluid Film day!!!!ussmileyflag

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Undercoating my truck this weekend with fluid film, already did the plows and spreaders.. That stuff is amazing...

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I'd like to try another free sample.

The last one I got didn't work so hot in the cold temps and I didn't get much use out of it.

My only other gripe is that I'd like to find it in 5 gallon containers, instead of using multiple aerosol cans. I know there is an applicator gun you can buy and such, but the price isn't cheap for the fluid film to begin with.

4. joyofFluidFilm

hey whitegardens, you want another free sample?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

5. White Gardens

Sure, I'd like to see if it actually works or not. Like I said, the last one I got didn't spray very well in cold temps and I ended up trashing the can.

Even if I did like it, can I get in bulk without spending an arm and a leg?

6. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

You could try searching our website for a close dealer or online source for bulk. If you throw away the can, though, don't expect to get another one sent out for free. That costs the company a good chunk of time and money. :p

7. hdelectraglide

hdelectraglide Member

Do you still have samples.Im in Dayton area :waving:

8. White Gardens

I understand, and I'm not fishing for another free sample.

What's the minimum temp that you are supposed to use it in. I can understand an aerosol can not working in cold temps, but at what temp does the bulk become unworkable?

9. Dano50

from CA

With the bulk, it will get heavier with the cold, so it is best to apply around room temperature. That being said, we've tested the product to -30F and it will not freeze.

10. White Gardens

Ya, I'm sure it doesn't freeze, but at what test does it become viscous enough to not flow effectively through a sprayer?

11. Dano50

from CA

We haven't done any testing to establish that point.

12. timberjack

timberjack Member

I've sprayed it at about 0 F, but i had a coleman stove with a stock pot of water boiling or close to it. With some already loaded cans (the quart schutz gun style) warming in the water bath, i'd take one at a time and have at whatever i was coating. Sprayed perfectly if you get to it rightaway. If you pull the can out and leave them sit they'll gel up again after awhile.

You don't need much water, i used about 1/2 the depth of the cans. I also either took the screwcaps off the cans, or at least loosened them, so any expansion would spill over if need be. Lo tech, but it worked, when i couldn't get to undercoating outside before cold weather.

13. krpalex

krpalex Junior Member

Can you use this stuff on painted surfaces of a plow or blower? Will it take the paint off?

14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Spray away,won't hurt it.Thumbs Up

15. krpalex

krpalex Junior Member

Awesome thanks Grandview, I dont wont to mess up the paint on my new Normand I bought from Image before I even use it but definitley want to protect it.

16. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

how often do u need to reapply on equipment.

it would seem it would wear off pretty fast

Thanks
    Nate

17. ponyboy123

ponyboy123 Junior Member

Wow, is this stuff really as good as u all claim it is. I have a very hard time battling corrosion here on the farm I might just have to invest in some.....

18. joyofFluidFilm

ponyboy123, pm me and I will send out a sample can to you.:waving:

19. Dig-It-Landscap

Dig-It-Landscap Junior Member

Where can I get the air sprayer in the video? I buy FF by the gallon and would like to spray it on vs. painting it on. If it is a standard air sprayer, what type and what psi do you find works best?

20. Dano50

from CA

You could use an airless unit like a Wagner paint sprayer to get the job done. I believe that is what we used in that video. Get it up around 2,000 psi for best atomization. All you need is a thin amount of product to get the job done.