1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

winter 10-11

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Snow Day, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Ok so we have a very strong LA Nina that is developing and this could be the total opposite of what happened last winter in many places of the country. I'll issue my first winter forecast september 16th, but as of now, I would expect the southern plains and southeastern United States to be warmer then average and below average precip due to the average southeastern ridge's during La Ninas. Areas of the Pacific northwest through the northern plains, great lakes and northeastern United States(mainly New England States) will experience brutal cold temperatures and above average precipitation. The Mid Atlantic through the Ohio Valley should experience normal temperatures and precip. The thing that could make this winter one for the record books in terms for cold temps is the volcanic activity this year as well as the low amount of sun spots. Ok, so that is my current thoughts.
  2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

So how much snow?
  3. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Predicting an exact amount is almost impossible, so I wont do that.
  4. ajslands

Is it going to be more than last year? Are you able to see that in your vision?
  5. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

If your talking about Michigan, yes, much more then last winter.
  6. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I dont know who this guy is, but I like his thinking.
  7. ajslands

good thats all i care about! hey snow day maybe you could come to my high school for a week or two!
  8. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

I hope you're right payuppayup :drinkup:
  9. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

I like that forecast! :nod:
  10. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

This forecast as well as the accuweather.com winter outlook issued yesterday are looking good for the great lakes getting more snow than last year.
  11. capnsac

capnsac Member

How about Omaha? We had a record winter last year, are we looking at another one this year?
  12. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

It would be nice to get a good winter in northern jersey too..Im in the process of upgrading my truck to full f-350 suspension and installing my first ever boss v-plow....ide like to really try it out!!!!:drinkup::yow!:
  13. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

I live in Omaha as well! It's looking like we could be in for a heck of a winter! My winter forecast comes out September 16th on my site!
  14. capnsac

capnsac Member

Can't wait to see it, you were right on last year.
  15. 3311

3311 Senior Member

Looking forward to your forecast for the Chicago area.
  16. ForestEdgeSnow

ForestEdgeSnow Senior Member

Snow Day,

I am kinda of new to this site but I have been plowing since 2005. I was hoping you could give me a genral idea of what kinda of weather I will have this winter. I service an area in Colorado that goes from 6,500 ft to 9,800ft. I Service the Colorado Springs area westward. Any help would and I would be greatful.

Thank You,
  17. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I want to know what you think for my area, northern colorado.
  18. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Colorado will get pretty hard this winter including below average temperatures and above average snowfall accumulations. I will be sure and talk about this in my winter forecast.
  19. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

How are we looking in Rhode Island ?
  20. exmark

exmark Senior Member

How about Iowa. This will be my first year plowing. Hoping for some big payup