1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Winter 04-05 Contracts

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Mustang, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Mustang

Mustang Member
    from NY

Anyone have any contracts for snow services for this coming winter signed yet? If not, when do you typically send them out? Do you offer any incentive to get the contract signed early?
  2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

We have some contracts signed for the next 5 years
    We offer 2% discount if customer signs a 1 year contract and pays within 10 days of billing.
    We offer a 5% discount if customer signs a 3 year contract and pays within 10 days of billing.
    We offer a 10% discount if customer signs a 5 year contract and pays within 10 days of billing.
    all payments are due within 30 days of billing if any account is past due no discounts are allowed.
    if customer quits contract early then he/she owes all back discounts received.
    Sweeping & Striping customers received a 10% discount if there a plowing customer.
    We have a waiting list to get on contract and only accept 1 or 2 new customers a year.
    Life is good
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

This is my second year plowing and I will have my first contract signed for next winter. A doctor who was not happy with his plow contractor this year. I gave him a discount if he signs a contract by the end of April. I want to get a jump on next year and most guys forget about there poor service if we wait till late summer to bid a job.

Regards Mike