1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snoway63, Jan 11, 2010.

1. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

I have a western 7.6 straight blade on a 05 f350 superduty v10 and was wandering what everyone thinks about the wings northern tool sells, i know western makes them but this is a midweight plow i took off my f150 before i bought the 350 and dont want to spend to upgrade to a bigger blade right now considering i bought this in 07 and still looks new and works great. i do plan on going to a bigger blade next yr if i can just change the blade
    thanks for any opinions
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I'm gonna assume you are talking about Prowings?.....and yes, it would be well worth the $ to get em. IMO, 7.5 ft is not enough width for a full size truck.....the prowings should put you at just over 9ft.
  3. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

Iknow i should have bigger blade but not this yr this setup came off my f150 and its an 07 so cant justify a whole new setup for this yr maybe next yr thanks i will go with the wings
  4. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

if your going with the western wings you may have to make some kind of shim to go behind the plow frarme where the wing comes in contact with it.. i had 2 sets of those wings and both sets made alot of noise bouncing around going down the road.. so i took a piece or rubber of a old deflector and some E-tape and put that in between them..