1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Jim@esitrucks, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Ok, we got our EX wings in....and they look to be strong! Install is a snap as well
    Plowsite members special 499.00...now pics(sorry didnt put both sides on and everything is not bolted together,just wanted to get some pics)

Pull the pin, swing to the back and put pin back in...dont have to ride with the wings extended...nice set up indeed

The HD wings should be here shortly, hopefully the V wings next year
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  2. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

those look perty
  3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Nice!!!!! I wish I had a Snow Dogg now!
  4. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Are snowdoggs thinner on the mouldboard than a traditional western plow? It looks alot thinner but it could just be the pics
  5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The moldboards are .105", but since they are a floating skin it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison. The strength is in the weldment. To my knowledge no one has poked a whole in one...
  6. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

What about md series...I'm sure jeep people would love'em, including us!
    So will there be?
  7. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

now make an aftermarket ones that fit fisher xblades and you'll sell a ton of those. i am making my own very similar to those for my xblade
  8. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Mine will be on tommorrow afternoon.

9. dlcequip

dlcequip Member
    from ohio

They look exactly like western wings.
  10. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Not much at all actually...

What you don't see in the pictures (or it isn't obvious anyway) is that the wings stow behind the plow. The big pin you see laying on top pulls out, and the wings flip back. That also acts as a shear pin.

I've seen a lot of buckled competitors wings (that can't be repaired).

While you don't always need to reinvent the wheel, we decided to do something a little different with these than our competitors.

These are nice wings.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  11. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

when are they comming out for the v?? thanks
  12. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Dont think the Vee wings are gonna make it to market this season...least thats what Im told
  13. Snowdawg48865

Snowdawg48865 Junior Member

Hd 75

I bought a HD75 do you have any idea on price for wings for it and any idea when they will be available? Thanks
  14. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Price will be the same....soon I hope :waving:
  15. dognit

dognit Junior Member

no answer

I didn't see an answer from Jim or Scott to the question posted by Plowtime1. When will wings be available for the MD75. I also have a MD75 - love the plow. Best decision I could have made buying the Snow Dogg. I also know Buyers doesn't do anything fast. Not a bad thing of course. They take the time to make sure they are doing it right the first time. Took several calls from the distributor back in 2008 to get buyers to push the production deadline for MD75 mounts for the older model Dodge 1500 trucks up from Jan 2009 to Nov. 2008. Again best thing I ever did - waiting for them to get the mounts complete and purchasing the Snow Dogg plow. Whats the deal Scott? Do we all have to have our distributors start calling the factory reps and be a genuine nagging hemorrhoid to get them to step up production of the wings for the MD75 model for us or what :) Hope we see them available before we see snow this year.
  16. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

MD wings are a little tougher. The MD plow is designed to be as light as possible, while having the required strength the user needs. You tack wings onto the end and you're loading the moldboard a lot more. The HD and EX have lots of extra strength. Any wing for the MD will actually require a much more cautious approach.

I've talked to guys who have put Pro-Wings on the MD without a problem.

We'll will come up with something. But I can say that it won't be this season...:(
  17. dognit

dognit Junior Member

Thanks Scott - that answers that now doesn't it! I won't be putting wings on my list for santy then. I guess I am just going to have to put a whole HD or EX package on my xmas list and see what fits in the sleigh this year :)
  18. dognit

dognit Junior Member

Crap - just realized if I do that I am going to need a new BIGGER truck too. There is like a snowballs chance in hell of Santa going for that :(
  19. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

Does anyone here have a pictures of pro-wings on a md 75 or can speak of your experiences putting them on this plow.