1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JaimeG, May 27, 2009.

1. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Does Fisher make wings for the Xtreme V Stainless?

2. yellowsnow09

yellowsnow09 Junior Member

only for the 8.5' and 9.5' not the 7.5'

3. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

They are stainless right?

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

They make them, not sure if they do both SS and Yellow. I have SS, and my dealer never said anything about them not matching. I plan to buy a set for this coming winter. There about $600 i think. That, plus a new cutting edge and backdrag kit, I'll be dropping over a grand before a flake falls. That'll make mama happy.:mad:

5. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Do you happen to know what size they are?

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think it's about a foot, but they kick in a bit. I think an 8.5 with wings would be more effective than a 9.5 without. The leading wing will hold snow in better than a straight blade, and the trailing wing will throw it more to the side. Can't wait to try them. Pretty sure they use a rubber edge for protection.

7. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

They actually add 6" to each side and kick in at 35 degrees. And to my knowledge, they are only offered in mild steel and for the 8 1/2 and 9 1/2 V's only.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  8. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

That sucks, I was really hoping they made them in stainless, and they're really small.:cry:

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I was at the dealer this week and grabbed the latest flyer. The wings are in there, pictured in yellow. They add 6" to the plowing width. So if you had an 8.5 and set it straight, you would clear a 9.5 path. So the wings themselves are longer than 6". I'm too tired to do the math but it's around 8 or 9 inches. I still plan on buying a set this year. I think the yellow wings might look kinda cool on the stainless blade. I actually like the yellow, especially on a black truck. Plus it would have matched my PolyCaster. But it wasn't much more money for SS, and it's one less thing to worry about rusting. I try not to put form over function.

10. bigdeezle442

bigdeezle442 Junior Member

I have a set and they work great. I did not have an option as to what color they are so i believe they only come in yellow. They add at least 6 in when the plow is in straight mode and nothing when in scoop as they are pointed straight ahead. I have a SS 9ft 6in plow.