1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Lynden-Jeff, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Hey,

Does snoway have wings? Im getting a 29 serious 2 ft stainless blade and would like to throw a set of wings on for more pushing.

Cheers
    Jeff

2. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have been begging for them for years.......none yet........ I am thinking about modifying Pro-wings to fit......

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lets hope they make some soon. What are prowings and how much modification would it take?

Cheers
    Jeff

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway is working on wings. We received questionnaires on what we as dealers would like to see in wing design. Do not know when but they are coming.

5. dmontgomery

That is progress Basher....thanks

The pro-wings will have to be cut down to fit the curve of the Snoway blade. If you do a search on here for Pro-wings and Snoway you will find some pics of other guys work. I am not thrilled with drilling a hole through my new SS moldboard......

I think I will wait for Snoway.....

6. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

What is the benefit of wings and where are they most helpful?

Thanks, just tryin' to learn here...

Mowbizz

7. Lynden-Jeff

The reply I got from sno-way was mediorcore at best basically stating they do not have wings for the plows, and didn;t say anything about them being in development but im sure they just dont want to say anything about it.

Cheers

8. dmontgomery

Wings add width to your plow, and add carrying capacity. IMO are most useful in open areas.......they reduce trailoff when winthrowing and cut down plow time.....