1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kemmer, Dec 18, 2006.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

I was looking around online for some wings for my western, unfortunately i have a pro plow and not pro plus. ive seen pro wings and i just dont really like the idea of drilling a hole in my newish plow. i went to the boss website and found these.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    it looks like you just attach 2 rings on to the ribs of the plow and a small hole on the side for a pin. Im wondering if they boss and western plows have similar radius's. are there any dealers that deal with boss and western that could possibly put the boss wings next to a western plow and tell me if they match up? It just seems like it could be a nicer install and less destructive to the plow in the long run.

Thanks

2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

plow wings

Kemmer, i am in the same boat with you. So i am going to fab up my own wings just like western's and make them to fit on mine instead of buying.
    My brother has a Boss 7 1/2' straight blade i can check the radius against mine if you want.

3. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Ya i was looking at these too
    http://www.eztechusa.com/subpage17.html

and i found out that you dont have to drill, they use the bracket for the shoes and you attach another bracket for the wings. idk ill have to look into it. they dont look very stong

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Just sell your plow and go buy a proplus

Or buy a new A frame, pivote bar and blade. Then swap them out. Bingo you got a proplus.

5. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

plow wings? where ya get em?

Hi guys,
    I'm from Toronto Canada,where do you get these wings?
    I would love a pair for my western plow.
    How much are they?
    Thanking you all in advance,and hope you have a great Christmas:cool:

6. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

7. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

ya i looked at those but they just dont seem very stable

8. Rickco

Rickco Member

Check out this guy. Custom made,indistructable. www.jerres.com/
    Great guy too.