1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by StratfordPusher, Dec 1, 2014.

1. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Why is it that I can not buy wings to match my new stainless DXT, looks like crap with red wings... come on Boss, black or grey would be a better match....

Please advise MOD...

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I've wondered this myself, the stainless DXT's I've seen with wings look goofy as hell.

But then again, if they made the wings out of stainless, can you even begin to imagine how expensive they'd be? The regular wings are insanely priced already.

3. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Hi Gentlemen

We are working on a solution/option for wings for the stainless steel DXTs. The stainless steel's weight overall make it less than an ideal choice for the wing extension material - so we are working on some other options. Sorry for the inconvenience - completely understand what you're saying.

Mark

4. StratfordPusher

Mark, does this mean BOSS will switch out our red plastics when you have a solution ? ... I wouldn't have bought stainless if I had know I was going to have a zebra plow...

Please advise...

5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Hey mark, why not just gray or black poly??

6. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

We totally understand not wanting the red wings on the stainless plows. We are working on some other solutions that would work with the stainless.

7. StratfordPusher

Still awaiting for a answer to my question Mark? this is my 10th Boss purchase... come on and get it right...

20141104_093342.jpg

8. StratfordPusher

Agree

Totally agree, take my in Grey or Black... anything but RED

9. StratfordPusher

They offered SS wings when I first looked into buying a DXT, my guess is weight and cost killed them...

10. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Paint em black

11. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Possibly the cost more then the weight so much.

Good tune. lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6d8eKvegLI

12. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Sorry for delayed response guys. The issue with wings on the DXTs, in particular the stainless steel DXTs and the 9'2" models is the weight.

From our website: "The only DXT models recommend for plow wing extensions are the 8'2" steel DXT and 8'2" poly DXT. Wing extensions do fit other DXT sizes and do not void the warranty but are not recommended as the blade may sag when in the scoop position due to the weight of the wing extensions."

Are you currently running wings on your stainless DXTs? And if so, is the performance acceptable to you?

Mark

13. StratfordPusher

Have an 8.2 DXT, carries the weight with wings great, no issues here.

My dealer painted my inserts trying to make me happy, paint wont last long...

20141202_120156.jpg

14. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Stratford

I appreciate you posting that picture! I also appreciate your patience. I will send this off to engineering. What would you think about a silver/grey colored poly vs the black? Or in your opinion, do you like the black better?

Mark

15. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Wings look sharp black . Thumbs Up

16. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Shawzer - thanks for the input! Stratford what do you think about the color black or grey/silver?

17. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

14 GA. (.075+/-) thick T304 Stainless Steel Sheet - 4' x 4'
    #4 Brush Polish ✔ In Stock
    $274.72

You could make some.............

18. StratfordPusher

Silver or Black

Silver or Black would suit me just great.

BTW, the DXT is awesome so far, very impressed to say the least.

Thanks Mark for your assistance

20141202_134214.jpg

19. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Stratford - it is I that should be thanking you! Thanks for supporting BOSS plows with that awesome Fleet! Glad to hear that the DXT is meeting your expectations. I"ll keep you posted.

20. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Stratford - looks like you also use back plows in your fleet? Tell me about them.