1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 90plow, Mar 22, 2013.

1. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

So i bought an 8.6 straight fisher with the intent of adding wings. I know your all going to say should have gotten a wideout or xls or this or that but this is what i want for reasons like price and reliability. My question is has anyony built or had someone build wings for their plow? I have pro wings and i think they suck, good for the money but they suck. So i want to build something plow height stronger and easier to put on. Price will be determined later. Really looking for ideas or blue prints. Thanks.
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe find a cheap moldboard and cut it up to whatever size wings you want.
  3. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Subscribed looking for ideas also
  4. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Yup, buy an LXS and dont look back. I built wings for my Fisher 8'er. Plow was 11' wide when done, very heavy but man did it clear snow and fast. But, with the hard snow banks this year i bent all my brackets by the end of the route. I spent a lot of time fabbing them and hoping they would hold but, at least now i know how much faster an XLS really is and i can justify the cost of a purchase. Just to state how heavy the brackets were i used 1 1/2" steel pipe inside of 2" steel pipe. Each wing was about 18" wide and i was bending the 1 1/2" pipe with no effort when pushing into a bank.