1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CARDOCTOR, Sep 1, 2003.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

did a search didnt really find what i was looking for

interested in long term how the wings held up
    what happens when your plowing on an angle

do they fold in for transport

thinking about trying a set on a meyers 7-6 with e-47 pump

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I have used many types,and they work well,as long as you don't abuse them.They still help when windrowing,and the snow will slide off of them.

All the ones I have used come off for transport.
  3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

If you read posts by me in the search you did, the one set of wings has been on Meyer plows for 4 or 5 years now, with just a couple of dings & bends & scratches. The other set have been on a Fisher & are a year or 2 younger. They still work fine & have only needed a little tender loving care from the BFH here & there & a repainting once or twice. Not sure what you are asking about them plowing at an angle, yes they plow while angled though. Most of the wings that I know of you need to unpin & take them off if you need to take them off for transport for some reason (once I put mine on they stay on until the snow is moved, then I might take them off for touch ups the next day or so if I'm not too tired to lift them at that point ;) ). Some brands that are out there may have a way to fold them for transport? Go for it!
  4. szorno

szorno Senior Member

I had a set of ProWings on my Dually and liked them well. Then I traded the plow for a newer one and no wings. This year I am putting wings back on. Been in the same truck with and without. With is better on a normal plow truck. They don't fold but they do come off easily. Check the bolts that hold the rubber blade edge on often.
    Check with the fellow that helps sponsor Plowsite. His prices are about the best I've seen.

5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

DOC......I have turkey wings and NO regrets !
    Easy on and off.
    I have a tough T shaped lot and have to push the
    white gold WAAAAAAY back to the field.

I was too cheap to buy a V plow. So for 200 bucks
    those turkeys fit the bill fine for me.

Just do my back dragging first with them off.
    Then drop them in the slots and push away !
    Work awesome for windrowing ...plus they ride
    over bumps and lumps too by sliding up and down
    in the channel..........

Sometime they would kick up out of the channel, but
    a simple drilled hole and a snap lock pin mod took
    care of that !................geo
  6. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

sonjaab... How much time do those turkey wings save you?? maybe 30-40% I am wanting to get something like that for my 84 truck, and either make some plow extenders for the western or get pro-wings.
  7. sonjaab

WALT......On the Loooooooog push back to the field
    I would have to windrow to the left so I wouldn't
    end up burying the building on the right.
    I would end up with a high pile to my left and have
    to spend almost a hour hacking thru it to push it
    out back.
    Thats where the V plow would of come in handy !

But hindsite is 20-20 they say...................

With the wings on after backdragging I can push
    quite a load straight on out back to the field !
    Got Grass has seen my lot and it is a pisser !

I looked for pro-wings but they didn't seem to ride
    up and down over bumps and humps........
    But I couldn't see them in person and never seen
    them in action.

I saw the turkeys in person at the BBQ 2 yrs ago.
    They looked quite stout ! And they "floated" also !
    Rod had them right there so NO freight fees and
    cash money talks! He gave me quite the deal !

I am quite happy with them. Even if I had to do that
    little mod to them !
    My uncle has a bar with a unique lot. Hes tried my rig
    and wants a pair for his rig too................geo

BTW: Are you going to the BBQ? Turkey wing Rod should
    be there!
  8. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Yes i plan on going to the bbq. I will hafto talk to him then and check out my options
  9. KenP

KenP Senior Member

How can I contact the Turkey wing rep to find out if he'll be there and to schedule a pick up while there?
  10. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Do a search for Turkey wings and you will find he posted in a lot of the threads, then E-mail or PM him.

"I looked for pro-wings but they didn't seem to ride
    up and down over bumps and humps........"

Just to clarify for those that may not know, the Turkey Wings make the plow into a box plow like a pusher. The Pro Wings, et al, are simply extensions that make your plow longer, like making an 8' a 9' almost. So that style of wing rides the bumps the same as the plow does because they are simply a part of the plow when mouinted. The feature that sonjaab talks about is a cool one to have if you have a box plow, but is not necessary for the other style of wings.
  11. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I was interested in Turkey Wings and emailed them a few times, but never heard back from them. I don't know why they won't answer my emails, it seems that they do not want to do business.

Right now I am looking into Power Scoop wings. It is a new product and is expected to hit the market this Fall. I am requesting the info. from Garagekeeper who will be sending me the brochure. They are similar to Turkey wings, but the difference between them is the mounting. I am told that their wings will mount on the existing plow shoe mount bracket of Fisher plows, so there would be no drilling involved. With Turkey wings, you would have to drill some rather large holes on your moldboard. I would not want to do that on my brand new snowplow.
  12. sonjaab

I sent the turkey wing guys Ron and Rod a email yesterday.
    So I will find out if they are coming to the BBQ...........
  13. Little Jay

Little Jay Senior Member

Pro-wings are the way to go. They angle forward a bit allowing for more efficient windrowing. They also plow just fine at angle. Just dont run curbs or be too harsh with them. I have a tendancy to beat the tar out stuff, and have two sets in 7 years. I could have used the first set but I was having a real good year and didnt feel like re-welding on a small bracket that day. I take mine off in 30-60 secs.
  14. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Is there a website for the prowings? I haven't found one yet. Any help is apprieciated.
  15. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

IA Snowman,

PM me and I'll get you a phone # to check.

I bet RPM sales carries them. He's a site sponsor and from Ft. Madison I think.

Mark K