1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by shovelman, Oct 4, 2010.

1. shovelman

shovelman Member

up dating my 3 season old 9, 2 v xt to 20110 model 9,2 vxt an just wondering r wings worth the money its not that my truck wont handle it just not sure worth 750 bucks

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

all depends on what your plowing

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you have to move any snow to particular areas wings are real time savers. They also help when windrowing across the parking lot you just need to remove the trailing wing sometimes.

I had wings on my Western. I had a few sites where I had cars on both sides and had to take all the snow to the end. Even though my Vee was fast, with wings it was well worth the money.

4. shovelman

shovelman Member

i have alot to plow i got 22 lots the biggest is almost 5 acres the smallest iabout 200 x 100 feet so it keeps me hopping just wasn't sure wanted to spend the money wish could find used maybe

5. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

You should think about a 10' V with wings for that truck

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I just bought the exact same plow as you have. With that amount of work I would buy the wings for sure. I doubt you will find used.

7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

You can get them for $599 from site sponsor.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Purchasing my boss wings in the next day or two from ESI Truck.

9. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I don't believe you can get wings for a 10 ft. V.

10. shovelman

shovelman Member

YOU CANT GET WINGS 4 10' PLOW but will probably get some if i can find some for under 700 bucks cause it was hard to keep up last year with just 9 2 plow ussmileyflag

11. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Maybe you shouldnt pay 750.00 for them......:D

12. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would get wings from Jim

13. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

I wouldn't get wings from Jim. He does not include hyrdo fluid in the pumps when you buy a new plow off him. ;)

14. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

I would gladly include the fluid...but should something crazy happen in transport....then it wouldnt be good.....:)

15. tyler.premier

tyler.premier Member

I got wings last year and loved every min. of them. The plow even wind rowed good with them.

16. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Everyone agree that a 8.2V with wings is better than a 9.2 without in most applications? (we dont do any drive thru and i dont do driveways with my truck)

17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would agree with that statement.

18. JohnRoscoe

JohnRoscoe Senior Member

I'm interested in adding wings to my 9'2" Boss V in order to carry snow to the end of tows in an apartment complex.

Curios though if you lose the ability to backdrag with wings? Any problems with visibility/knowing where the edge of the plow is when doing tight work around parked cars?

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure about Boss but the Western wings have the same markers on the wings that are on the plow.

20. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Boss does too.