1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings Wanted

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MJM Landscaping, Feb 26, 2006.

1. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Looking for some wings for my boss standard duty plow. How about some pics and where you guys got them.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

3. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

I just spoke to my dealer this morning and priced wings , he wanted $ 800.00 installed. Said the drilling was a pain in the ass. Is this price in line?

mike

4. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

On a boss??

5. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

My dealer said $610 installed.

6. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

yes on a boss, wondering when your driving down the road does the wing want to drag. My plow now wings in back position traveling is not to much from touching. Also, what about my curb guards when you install wings?

mike

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

If you lower your plow a little after you have raised it all of the way the corners will be a little higher off of the ground and some times you have to straighten the plow a little too, this will give you a little more ground clearance also.

I do not have the new cutting edges, I don't think it will make any difference as the bottom edge on the wings is urethane and it just buts up against the end of the plow blade.

As for the drilling the holes goes use the templates provided and drill a pilot hole (a smaller one) first then drill it out to size with a new bit. The steal is not that hard so you will not have any problems.
    I think the dealer just wants the easy cash from the install.. you can easily do it your self.

$800 installed:dizzy: . What is the price not insalled? mine cost a little over $550 not installed, $300 for install is to much.:nod: